Thursday, August 21, 2008

Always look for a silver lining

The company gave us a farewell luncheon today. Nothing like we'd done in the past. There's only about 20 people left now, and at the end of the month there'll be 7. It was small, intimate. It could have been depressing. Instead, we laughed and had a good time. Not about times past, or even about what's to come. Just enjoying the company of our coworkers. I'm so glad it was a happy time and not a somber one. One of the things I'll miss most about working here is the people I had the privilege of working with. I hear so many people complain about their coworkers or the conditions at their workplace. For the most part, we all got along great. We went out to eat on each others birthdays, gave each other baby showers, and enjoyed the holidays together. I feel blessed to have worked with such a wonderful group of people. Despite the sad ending, I wouldn't trade the time I had here for anything.



Bye ladies. It was fun.

No comments: