Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Chore update & weeks happenings

Well, despite the fact that I'm working 9 hours a day doing finish up work and packing everything in file boxes which means I get home exhausted, I've actually managed to get a bunch of chores done. I've got about 1 -2 loads of laundry left to do. Living room and kitchen floors have been swept, and kitchen was cleaned this morning (let's see how long that lasts). Family room was tidied up last night, so at least it looks neat. Still have bathrooms and bedrooms to work on. Seeing the house messy stresses me out. To top it off we have yet another luncheon at work tomorrow, this one's a pot luck. Quite frankly, I'm too tired to prepare a meal. My schedule this week is so packed I can't squeeze anything else in. One of my small groups studies was the book A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George, and one of the chapters stands out. It's about being good stewards of all our resources, including time. When we take on more than we can handle, we do a disservice to ourselves and to those we are trying to please. I learned that I can't stretch myself too thin, because something (or someone) will suffer. I said I'd bring the salad fixings. Keep it simple.

On a happier note, I have a lunch date with a friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a while. She worked with me for years and had moved further up north but is living in the area again. It's always good to see a familiar face. Tomorrow night I have a small group leaders meeting. We always have small groups in the spring and fall, and in the past each small group leader has been able to pick their own curriculum. This fall, our pastor has decided the whole church will study the same curriculum which will tie into the Sunday message. We're going to be studying the New Testament. I'm really excited to see where God is taking us on this journey into His Word.

I've talked to my little girl everyday. She's got classes, but the first week is introductory so it's not too hectic. She seems to be enjoying college life so far. I'm sure it'll become routine in no time. I stepped into her bedroom last night for the first time since she left, to put away some laundry. It feels so empty and bare. I'm planning on giving it a facelift with paint. My daughter A picked out a color she liked and I'm gonna go for it! It's one of many projects I have in mind now that I'll be a SAHM. The Lord is showing me that just because I'm home doesn't mean I'll be bored. There's plenty to do, and I'm looking forward to serving my family as I serve the Lord.

Arlene

No comments: