Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook - 08/18/08

Found this meme and thought it was cute. You can do it too! http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
Outside my Window...dark & gloomy; the storm's a-comin'!
I am thinking...about Tropical Storm Fay, the deaths in Haiti & the Dominican Republic, the havoc it's reining on Cuba and we're next.
I am thankful for...a God who is stronger than the storm, and the home He has provided us to weather it in.
From the kitchen...roast beef with potatoes, carrots and white rice – in the crock pot of course!
I am wearing...a lime green blouse, white skirt with lime green and brown geometric design, and lime green sandals (I know how to take a color to the max!).
I am reading...not a whole lot right now L. Need to finish Malachi. I am doing my morning devotions, though. Reading the gospel of John.
I am hoping...for a smooth week, and an easy, uneventful drive up to Orlando this weekend to drop my daughter off at college. That's going to be tough.
I am hearing...rain and thunder in the background. We've been advised that there'll be flooding and possibly tornados. Above that I'm listening to bigloo radio. Love this station!
I am creating...this blog post, and not much else.
Around the house...is a mess because we had to bring in all the outdoor furniture. Most of it is in the garage but the patio table is in the living room. Can't wait for this to be over and I can get rid of the clutter.
One of my favorite things...is my youngest son's hugs and kisses. He likes to sneak up behind me, put his arms around me and tell me how much he loves me. Ahh, life's greater moments.
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week...work, school starting for E, then take my daughter to her dorm and get her set up. School starts for her on Aug 25.
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you…please pray the storm doesn't cause any damage, and pray that I get my daughter safely to school and get back home in one piece.

Thanks!! Blessings.

1 comment:

SimplyMe said...

PTL the storm passed you by!

have a fantastic week