Monday, September 15, 2008

The best way to redecorate...

...is with paint. It's also the cheapest, and has the most impact. Take my daughter A's bedroom. Just one week ago her bedroom was purple. The paint color was called Grape Escape. It had been this color since 2001.







I loved the purple. It went great with her white furniture and deep purple bedding. But, of course, she was tired of it and had outgrown the "little girl" look. So, pulling from the same bedspread, she chose blue. More of a turquoise, actually.



This is during the process. Notice the difference between the blue and purple. It should be noted that I am not fond of blue. I don't like blue walls, or blue furniture, especially pastel-y kinds of blue. But that's what she wanted, so I went with it.




The poster above the bed says, "I'm a stellar cleaner when I clean! WOOT!" It's a quote from an interview of Lauren Barlow of BarlowGirl. My daughter got the band to autograph the poster, so it has a prominent place in her room.

So, 4 out of 5 family members love the new color. And as for the fifth family member, well, it's starting to grow on me.

1 comment:

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

I like the blue.
It looks clean and fresh. Reminds me of a beach house.