Saturday, September 20, 2008

The redorating continues

After finishing with my daughter's room and touching up the master bath, I realized I had almost a gallon of leftover sage green paint. I'd had it for a long time but I wasn't about to get rid of it as paint is expensive and it was perfectly good. So, I decided it was time for a new look in our formal dining room.
This is the view from the family room. The original color in the dining room was a sort of coral color, almost peachy. It wasn't the color I'd intended, since the formal living room, family room and kitchen are a terra-cotta color. But my hubby had already painted most of it when I realized the color wasn't really what I wanted, and asking him to repaint would have not been happily accepted. So I decided to live with the color, and I've done so for the past couple of years.

But no more! I love how the the furniture, which is a light maple color, just pops against the green walls. The colors are appropriate for fall (my favorite season) or spring (my second favorite season!). All I have to do is change out the accessories and the room is ready to go.





Here are some more before and after shots:


This is standing by the window, facing the entrance to the formal living room on the left and the family room on the right. It's very open, and though you can't see it both entrances to the room have arched doorways. It's my favorite feature of the house.



Here's the after shot. It's a better view of the archway. The door you see is the air conditioner closet right outside the dining room. To the right of that is the kitchen.


This is the view from the formal living room. Here the archway to the family room is really appreciated.


The color seems dark here, but it's because of the way the sun is coming into the room. The color is warm and friendly but certainly not dark. I absolutely love the color. Hubby isn't sure it works with the other colors in the room, but I've assure him it works fine. He doesn't watch HGTV like I do :-). Funny thing is, he didn't care much for the original color when it first went up on the walls. Now he says he liked the coral color better. Just proves he needs to get used to it.
The only other room that will change color is the boys bedroom, though my son R still hasn't decided what color he wants. I will be touching up the paint in most of the house, so hopefully I can post more pics. This way, when my daughter gets homesick, she can come here and look at pictures of her beloved home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The new colour looks lovely.

Susan. :o)

UAFWIFE said...

I love your kitchen absolutely beautiful!