Monday, September 1, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sept. 1, 2008

I'm just loving this weekly meme! You can do it too. Sign up at http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com and join the fun!

For Today... September 1, 2008

Outside my Window...very sunny, warm breeze, lovely day. Nice after the rain and wind we got from Gustav all weekend.
I am thinking...I bought 2 loaves of bread on Sunday. Today is Monday and there's only one loaf left. What do I live with, pirahnas?
I am thankful for...the message on finances the pastor gave yesterday. God knows exactly what I need when I need it. Perfect message now that I'm not working.
From the kitchen...homemade lasagna today, my families favorite. My mom's lasagna is so good we'd eat it for breakfast. Mine is pretty close.
I am wearing...a light pink tank top, pink shorts and pink bamboo flip flops (told you I can take a color to the max!)
I am reading...still on the book of Acts, plus the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day of the week.
I am hoping...that the whole church signs up for fall small groups - God has some amazing things He wants to teach us this season (more on that in a later post).
I am creating...a list of all the things that need to get done this week.
I am hearing...the dishwasher and air conditioner running, and the boys playing together in their room. I'm blessed that my boys get along so well despite the age difference (or perhaps because of it?)
Around the house...laundry's done, plenty of cleaning and organizing now that I'm home full time.
One of my favorite things... is talking to my daughter on the phone, hearing all about her new life in college (she's doing very well praise the Lord)
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... just finished applying for unemployment compensation for the first time in my life; need to get some more paperwork done and sent out. Run to the pharmacy, bank, general errands, clean bedrooms and prepare them for painting. Whoever thought I'd be sitting around leisurely at home now that I'm not working is NUTS!! Stay at home wives and moms have PLENTY to do!
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you... please pray for our brothers & sisters in Christ who are facing Hurricane Gustav, especially those in Louisiana who are still trying to recover from Hurricane Katrina. May the Lord protect them and keep them safe.

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook :)

My Daybook Entry

SimplyMe said...

Hope that unemployment paperwork is done, out the door and approved without delay.

Hey, if you lived with pirahnas, then there's be no raw meat, but the bread'll still be there *evil grin*

Hope you have a fantastic week...and yep, Im an 85% SAHM, and I have no idea how working women do it. I just hope they have extended family that helps and an immediate family that pitches in. I have NO IDEA how else it'd be possible.