Monday, September 29, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Sept 29, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
For Today...
Outside my Window...sun is starting to rise, lots of clouds. We got a ton of rain last night and probably will get more today. Hopefully this will bring some refreshment to our very warm and humid temps.
I am thinking...that I have so much to do today, I pray I can get it all done.
From the learning rooms...I'll be meeting with E's teachers today to see what I can do to help him improve in his reading and handwriting - yes Peggy, eventually boy's handwriting improves a tad...
I am thankful for...yesterday's church at the local high school for the first time. Plenty of room, and the kids seemed to enjoy it too. Such a blessing.
From the kitchen...salmon today. My hubby has asked for less red meat and more fish.
I am wearing...pj's still - it's pretty early. I'll be getting dressed soon, since my meeting with E's teachers is at 9:00am.
I am reading...still doing Purpose Driven Life, will start on NT reading today.
I am hoping...for small groups that are starting this week to go extremely well. May our Lord's blessing be upon each and every one.
I am creating...a warm and comfortable home for my family. Maybe I'll have time to do some more fall decorating this week.
I am hearing...the hum of the computer, the clicking of the keyboard and the whirr of the ceiling fan.
Around the house...oh boy, do I have a ton of stuff to do before tomorrow's small group!
One of my favorite things...is mornings. I'm a morning person. There aren't a whole lot like me out there.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...meet with E's teachers, take car in to have battery checked, small group at my house, paint, plus all the usual stuff that needs to get done at home. I'm tired just thinking about it.
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you...please pray for our church's small groups. I'm sure reading through the NT and sharing with our brothers & sisters in Christ is going to be such a huge blessing, I don't want anyone to miss it!
Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

We are eating less red meat too and my family loves salmon. I cook it on a George Foreman grill with just a quick shake of seasoned salt and as soon as it looks done, I take it out, place it on a plate and cover it with a piece of foil. This final little steaming touch makes the salmon so moist.

Have a great week.

Schotzy said...

I really enjoyed your post and am wondering how you're fixing that salmon! we need to eat more fish also! Blessings! Carolyn

Love Bears All Things said...

I know a few "morning people". I'm actually married to one. I sort of envy you all that energy first thing in the morning.
I know you enjoy being home. I've had other women say they would be bored. I have plenty to do and there is always volunteer work.
Have a great week. I hope the physical problems go away. Praying for your small groups.
Mama Bear

Schotzy said...

Thanks so much for the recipe!It looks really tasty! Also, I'm happy to say the headache haas finally subsided, just in time for the revival. We're excited about that this year! Aslan is really on the move in our church!!!you'll have to check in at my blog come november- I'm sure to have the Christmas misic up by then! see Ya!!!