Monday, September 29, 2008

I've been Tagged!!

So I get this comment from dear Kristen over at Homemaker at Heart http://homemakerathearts.blogspot.com/ and I'm thinking, "Tagged? What is this tagged she speaks of?" So I go over to her blog and realize that, oh, she wants me to answer a survey! Silly me! I get it now. Okay, here we go:

How does your day normally begin?
On weekdays I get up at 5:30am and start by thanking my loving God for another day with my family. I go to the bathroom and wash my face, brush my teeth, you know, standard procedure, then I read my morning devotion from my Women's Devotional Bible (NIV). After that I get breakfast ready, wake up my youngest son so he can eat and get ready for school. Before he leaves we do morning devotions from his children's bible. Once everyone is off I have breakfast while I read, either from the Bible or (now) The Purpose Driven Life. I might watch the news in the morning, or I might be totally sick of it. Either way, I turn on The Message on XM radio and listen to Christian music while I do housework, laundry, etc. Mornings are my busiest time of the day.

What's for lunch during an average week?
Actually what is on my weekly menu is lunch, since my hubby comes home at about 1:00pm and eats, rests up a bit, exercises, then goes back out to work. The love of my life works in food sales. Mornings is deliveries, he's out making sure the stores are well stocked. Then in the afternoons he's taking orders for the next delivery. I thank God everyday that my husband works in food sales, 'cause as long as people eat he's got a job.

What's your favorite part of the day?
I love mornings because that's when I'm most productive, and I also love when my son comes home from school and says, "I'm hungry. What's there to eat?" I know, typical boy, but it warms my heart none the less.

Least favorite?
Hmm, that's a tough one. Now that I'm home all day I pretty much love every minute of it.

How does the day usually end?
After we have something light to eat, I iron my hubby's shirt and E's school uniform for the next day. Baths, pj's, the standard procedure for nighttime, prayers and bed. If there's something good on tv I might stay up and watch (like tonight the Duggar's are gonna be on TLC - such a godly family), but usually I'm out like a light by 10:00pm.

Let's see now, who am I going to tag (since I guess that's how this works)? I'm going to pick Marybeth Whalen over at http://www.marybethwhalen.blogspot.com/ because I've been reading her blog for a while and she inspires me to no end. Thanks for thinking of me Kristen. Maybe one day I'll return the favor :-)

1 comment:

Marybeth Whalen said...

Hi Arlene-- thanks for tagging me... I plan to post my response tomorrow! So be on the lookout! And thanks for the sweet comment about me inspiring you-- I have to say that after looking at your blog, you have also inspired me!