Friday, September 26, 2008

The Week in Review

Being a stay at home wife & mom has resulted in much more activity than I'd anticipated. I've always got something to do, somewhere to run to, some project to tackle. It's so funny when people automatically assume that either a) I'm going nuts because I'm bored at home all day, or b) I'm enjoying lounging around doing nothing all day. None of the above! What I can say is that I no longer feel stifled. I'm not going crazy playing catch-up all the time. And I'm not worried about what I don't have; God has generously provided, and we have all we need and them some.

I was at the doctor's this week, getting results from some tests I had done last week. I'd gone in because I was having some weird but strong pains in my left side, and trouble going to the bathroom. The doctor told me it was probably a kidney stone, and ran some blood work and x-rays. I was feeling much better after that, though the pain came back today. It lasted about an hour and a half, then went away on it's own. I'm going to monitor this and if it continues to happen I'll have to go to the doctor again. Anyway, I did receive some good news. I always have issues with anemia, ever since I got hepatitis (the curable one) when I was 12. This time I was surprised and overjoyed to find my iron level has gone up. It's still below normal; it should be 11.7 and it's 11. Still, I praise my Lord because I'm healthier now than I've been in a long time. Thank You Jesus!!

I started sanding the family room coffee table, only to find the sandpaper my husband gave me isn't doing the job. I'll have to run to Loew's this weekend to get coarser sandpaper, and paint for the boys room while I'm at it. My son R is still undecided what color he wants, so I told him I'm pulling rank and letting his little brother choose. It'll be another shade of blue, this time with a grey undertone, sort of like a slate blue. It should turn out very boyish.

I really want to see the movie Fireproof with Kurt Cameron. It looks like an excellent film, but I'll have to convince my hubby that it's an action film also, otherwise he'll think it's a "chick flick" and refuse to go. My husband isn't a believer, so I hope films like this can have a positive (and perhaps eternal?) influence on him.

I've got 3 people signed up for my small group. I spoke with Pastor John who's in charge of small groups regarding what would be the best time. Since I'm home I told him I could do a morning group, which he thought was a great idea. I'm just concerned that not enough people are at home during the morning hours and that's why I don't have more attendance. I'm prayerfully hoping more women will take advantage of a daytime group if they're able to.

I signed my son E to Awana a few weeks ago, and he's loving it more than I had imagined he would. My son is only 8 years old, but he accepted Christ at the ripe old age of 5. He loves the Lord very much and is so happy to be going to Awana on Wednesdays. He tells me so everyday. My dearest friend LN signed up her son RJ too, and she and I go to Bible study afterwards. This isn't at our church; we signed the boys up at a local Baptist church, since our church doesn't have activities during the week for children. Because we're a portable church we're limited as to what we can do during the week. I felt it was important for my son to have fellowship with kids his age and have time for learning and worship in a group setting. He had told me last year that it wasn't fair the church had small groups for everyone except the kids. I could tell this was something he was longing for, and I'm glad I signed him up.

So, now the weekend is coming up. I'll be teaching at children's church on Sunday - hopefully I'll get the lesson soon! Looking forward to a fun, relaxing weekend with my boys. That's my week in review! Hope yours is just as blessed.