Thursday, October 2, 2008

Keeping it...busy

It's been an action packed week for me. Monday morning I met with E's teachers, and thank the Lord he's doing well. The teachers gave me some recommendations to help my son at home which I am trying to incorporate. I may not be a homeschooling mom but I can do my best to teach him while he's home with me. After that I took my car to Sears and had a new battery put in. The car didn't want to start, and although my hubby checked everything and got it going again it was plain to see the car was having issues. One new battery later my car is running like new. I'm so thankful our cars are paid for. The Lord fixed it so my hubby's car would be paid off before I got laid off. It made for a smoother financial transition.

Tuesday I took E for a desperately needed haircut and then to buy a costume for Halloween. Now, let me make it clear that I'm not advocating Halloween. Personally, I never liked it and don't care for it now. My son, however, loves dressing up, and his father insists on his little boy
having the same things other kids do. So, I try to make sure the costume isn't something I find offensive. The little booger wanted to be a ninja; I convinced him to get the white costume because these are presumably the good guys. It gets hard to rear your child in the ways of the Lord when your spouse doesn't back you up. My husband isn't saved yet. I specify yet because I have faith in the Lord that my husband will one day seek Him and accept Him as his Lord and Savior. We can never lose faith. My small group was supposed to start up this week but one of our ladies had a doctor's appointment and another was out of town, so we're going to get started next week. On a positive note, another dear lady from our church signed up, so now our group is 5 women. Yay!! Praise the Lord!

Yesterday I ran around town doing all kinds of errands. The tiles around the bathtub in our master bath have been loosening for some time, and yesterday they started coming off so my hubby finished taking them out. I bleached the area twice (I have this fear of mold) and now there is a huge gaping hole just above the tub. So I went looking for tiles and found a store a few towns over that has a similar tile. Now I have to wait till Monday to get an estimate for the repairs so that hopefully our insurance company can help pay for it. When I got home I baked a pumpkin spice cake which I've been dying for. It may feel like summer outside, but inside my house smelled like fall.

Today was the first day I was able to stay home and get some much needed cleaning done. I was a whirlwind, going from room to room. I also got a couple of loads of laundry done. Then I sanded and started restaining our family room coffee table. It's so scratched and stained, it looked like I'd pulled it out of the dump. It still looks a bit "distressed" but hopefully I can get it to look like new.

Tomorrow I'm going in for training. I'm going to work at this year's election. I figured, one day that I go out there and make a few bucks while helping out in the community should be fun. It'll also be a good opportunity to serve, which is part of our New Testament Challenge at church. We're to find one person each day we can serve. When you're at home all day, like me, you get to serve your family, but every chance is a chance to show kindness and serve someone. So if I step out of the house I look for a way to be of service. It's another form of worship, and it glorifies God, which is why we're here in the first place.

Whew, I get tired just reading all the activities I've got going on! Whenever I look at my schedule, I remember how blessed I am to have so much. I have the ability to serve my family as a stay at home wife & mom. I have the opportunity to serve my church family by teaching in children's ministry and leading a small group. Best of all, I have the blessing of a Father who wants to have a relationship with me. I can't imagine how life on this earth could get any better.

No comments: