Monday, October 20, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Oct 20, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
For Today...
Outside my Window...it is 69 degrees!! We had a cold front come in Sunday and the weather has cooled off. I know my northern friends are rolling their eyes, but for us Floridians, this weather is quite chilly. Hopefully it'll last. There's hardly any humidity and the air feels crisp.
I am thinking...about the busyness of the week. So much to do, so little time!
From the learning rooms...E's teacher has given the class an assignment from the county's website. He's worked on it for over 3 hours and isn't done yet. Who knows, we may be homeschooling our children in the future, like it or not.
I am thankful for...feeling better. I don't know if I've actually passed the kidney stone, but I'm going to assume that I have, since I don't have anymore pain.
From the kitchen...stuffed chayote squash. It's something my mom used to make. The squash is light green and heart shaped. I cut it in half so that I have 2 heart shaped halves, boils them till their al dente, then scoop out the insides and cook them up with ground beef. I stuff the mixture back into the squash, add a bread crumb topping, and bake at 350 degrees for about 5-10 minutes. Delicious and nutritious.
I am wearing...a long burgundy housedress with yellow flower embroidery. They're made in my husband's country (Nicaragua) and are very light and comfortable. It's really early, not even 7:30am yet. I'll change in a little while.
I am reading...Mark and 1 Corinthians.
I am hoping...that these kidney stones go away and never come back.
I am creating...this blog post.
I am hearing...the hum of the computer and the ceiling fan. It's really quiet.
Around the house...Monday is bathroom cleaning day, plus there's laundry and general cleanup to be done. I'm also hoping to continue with closet cleaning.
One of my favorite things...is my neighborhood. It's a nice quiet development. My neighbors are such nice people. I think of so many who are in constant battle with their neighbors, and I consider myself blessed.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...still working on the bathroom quote (ugh!). Small groups tomorrow, urologist on Wednesday. Plus there's a big surprise for the weekend but I can't say anything yet - I'm sworn to secrecy! Guess everyone will just have to wait.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...I keep forgetting to post the pics of the boy's bedroom. It really turned out much nicer than I expected. Let's see if I get that done this week.

Have a blessed week.

No comments: