Monday, October 6, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Oct. 6, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/

For Today...
Outside my Window...The sun is blazing once more. We got so much rain this weekend it created a small pool in our backyard. It's gone now, and the weather has cooled in the mornings to the mid 70's.
I am thinking...of tomorrow's small group meeting. First one for our group.
From the learning rooms...my son is reading to me every night for 1/2 hour, in hopes that his reading will speed up. He's the only one of my children that doesn't enjoy reading.
I am thankful for...the incredible amount of blessings I receive from my Father each day. He really does love me!
From the kitchen...chili. I love chili, as do the boys in the house.
I am wearing...pink tank top, pink shorts, pink flip flops. It's pink day.
I am reading...still doing Purpose Driven Life, Matthew and Acts for New Testament Challenge.
I am hoping...my small group feels comfortable in my home.
I am creating...this blog post.
I am hearing...the air conditioner. It's gonna be pretty hot out today, 88 degrees for the high.
Around the house...Monday's is bathroom cleaning day, plus laundry and general cleaning.
One of my favorite things...is saving money at the grocery store. I went to our local Winn-Dixie, and between BOGO's and coupons, I saved $45 and spent $41. That's right, I saved more than I spent. Yippee!
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...gotta find someone to get a quote on the bathroom tiles, still haven't had a chance to paint the boy's room, and a visit to the unemployment compensation office on Friday.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

My friend sent this to me, about the state of our economy. I just couldn't resist.


Have a blessed week.

9 comments:

Schotzy said...

Cute photo, but sad, too. Can you believe it? I fear we're in for a rocky ride.

Jen said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. Have a great week.

Pamela said...

Funny photo! Great job at Winn Dixie with your coupons - don't you love to save more than you spend?

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Wow, that is a lot of rain!

God is good! :D

Yum, chili!! :D

Woohoo on the savings! :D

have a great week!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Love the picture of George.

Sounds like a good week - could you share your warm temps with others? We've already gotten some snow - it didn't last long but still...

Elaine H

Mary Rose said...

Enjoyed your daybook. And your grocery bill? That just rocks the house, my friend! Wow! I love saving money, too, and have several grocery stores to choose from, including an Aldi's.

God bless you richly this entire week!

Sandra said...

Great daybook :)

A happy heart at home said...

Chili - yum! Great shopping!

~Susan

Beth Dargis said...

Great job on your shopping!