Saturday, November 8, 2008

Oh no, not again...

Last Sunday I had another kidney stone episode. Not pleasant. Previously, my kidney stones would cause me excrutiating pain for 2 -3 hours, then the pain would begin to subside. This one started out the same, but for some reason I wasn't feeling well the next day, or the next, or the next. I had lots of pressure on my bladder, which made me wonder if I hadn't passed the stone and it was stuck. Thursday started off okay, but as the day progressed I felt like my insides were swollen. I'd been taking Motrin for the pain, which the doctor had prescribed, but my stomach is very sensitive and ibuprofen makes me nauseaus. I decided instead to start taking Tylenol, which is easier on my stomach though not as effective. Friday I started experiencing very sharp, stabbing pains in my bladder and my hubby decided I needed to get this taken care of. My son took me to the hospital, and I explained to the doctor what I suspected. He ordered a CT scan, urine & blood tests, and gave me something for the pain (I didn't even ask what it was, so long as it didn't upset my stomach. Yeah, it was that bad). I waited just over an hour for the results, when the nurse tells me the doctor wants to do a pelvic examination. Huh? What for? The doctor came in and informed me there were no kidney stones in my bladder, but that I do have a fibroid tumor. Ugh, again? I had a fibroid tumor during my pregnancy with my youngest son. Since I had a cesarean section, the fibroid was removed. Now I have another one, and to top it off it has caused an infection, which is why I felt like my insides were swollen. They took a biopsy to be sent out for testing, gave me antibiotics and sent me home.

Ready for the blessings? I am blessed because the doctor saw no kidney stones. Praise God! I'd been praying that the Lord would eliminate those nasty things from my body, and He did! I'm also blessed because, once again, my condition isn't serious enough that I need to stay in the hospital. The doctor did prescribe Vicodin for the pain, but I've only had to take one. God once again is providing the healing and relief that I need. And, I'm blessed because my hubby was really stressed about me being sick, and now we both can rejoice that I'm home and on the road to recovery. Yes, I still have to wait and see about the biopsy results, but I'm trusting the Lord for complete and total healing. God is faithful!

No comments: