Monday, November 17, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Nov. 17, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
For Today...
Outside my Window...brrr!!! It was chilly this morning! 56 Degrees, and windy. Skies are clear baby blue and beautiful. Weather will be like this all week. Yay!
I am thinking...today is my cousin's 45th birthday. Mine is less than a month away. Where'd the time go? I still feel 25!
I am thankful for...feeling a whole lot better. Last dose of antibiotic today. I'm so glad; that medicine tastes nasty.
From the kitchen...kielbasa with onions. I slice the kielbasa on an angle, stir fry it in olive oil with sliced onions, then add half a small can of tomato sauce and beef broth or water. Let it thicken, and I'm done. I serve this with yellow rice & mixed veggies (sort of a rice pilaf) and oven fries. Yum!
I am wearing...a Florida Marlins t-shirt, baby blue capris and flip flops.
I am reading...the Gospel of John, and will start James tomorrow.
I am hoping...our church can raise money for special ministries. The goal: $25,000.
I am creating...not a whole lot, lately. Well, Thanksgiving plans I guess.
I am hearing...the tv on in the family room. My oldest son R is watching the news.
Around the house...a small to do list. Maybe I can get done early and do some scrapbookking.
One of my favorite things...is a clean and organized home. I hate clutter! When I go through the house and everything is where it should be, I am at peace.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...small groups on Tuesday, Awana on Wednesday. Pretty quiet the rest of the week.
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you...let's pray that this holiday season is one of true thanksgiving. This isn't just "turkey day", it's a day to be thankful for the many blessings we have. Count them down; you'll be surprised just how much you have to be thankful for!
Have a blessed day!

No comments: