Monday, November 10, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Nov. 10, 2008

To join in the fun, see Peggy at http://www.thesimplewoman.blogspot.com/
For Today...
Outside my Window...still in the 60's in the mornings and low 80's in the afternoon. Very low humidity. It's a bit cloudy due to the remnants of Hurricane Paloma which thankfully never came near us, and will be windy the entire day.
I am thinking...how merciful and generous our loving God is.
I am thankful for...not having any kidney stones! At least right now, anyway. CT scan was clear, praise God! I'm taking antibiotics for the infection caused by the fibroid tumor, and feeling a whole lot better. I'm also thankful for children's ministry. We had a great lesson yesterday, about the apostle Paul and how he was obedient even in adversity.
From the kitchen...breaded salmon patties, oven fries and coleslaw. Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, so we're eating it once a week.
I am wearing...pink tank top, pink shorts and pink flip flops. Perfect for this Florida weather.
I am reading...Still on Luke, and starting Titus today.
I am hoping...All my ladies show up for small groups tomorrow.
I am creating...this blog post.
I am hearing...cars and school buses. The windows are open because of the breeze. Always nice to air out the house.
Around the house...the usual, bathrooms. Need to get a load of sheets and towels in the wash.
One of my favorite things...is finishing my Christmas shopping early. All I need are a few DVD's that aren't out yet which is why I haven't purchased them yet. Other than that, I'm done! Now I can enjoy the holidays without the stress of having to go to the stores during the busiest shopping time of the year.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...household stuff, and I have to do my unemployment verification today. Small groups tomorrow, Awana on Wednesday. Our local Baptist church is having family movie night on Friday, with a Veggie Tale movie that E would like to go to.
Here is a prayer request I am sharing with you...even if you don't agree with how the elections turned out, pray for our new president and the future administration to be led by God. We know He is in control no matter what the polls say, and we are to pray for our leaders and obey them.
Have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Jo said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading your daybook. Well done for finishing the Christmas shopping - I haven't even started mine yet, although I've got a few ideas. Eating more oily fish is something I keep meaning to work into my menu plans but I haven't managed it yet. Breaded salmon patties sound yummy so maybe I'll try and make fishcakes sometime soon. I hope you continue to feel better. Thanks for sharing your daybook. Jo

A happy heart at home said...

I enjoyed your daybook. That's excellent that you're basically done your Christmas shopping! I haven't even started thinking about it yet. I hope you have a great week!

~Susan

Anonymous said...

Praise God for no kidney stones....I get them...ugh that is the worst pain I've ever felt...and I was in labor with Kylie for 3 straight days. LOL

I miss being able to do the daybook...Mondays are just so busy for me.

Have a good evening!