Monday, December 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Dec. 8, 2008

FOR TODAY December 8, 2008...
Outside my window...the sun is shining brightly, it's a cool 60 degrees and will probably get to 75 degrees max. It's breezy and cool and oh how I love Florida!!!
I am thinking...what a great week this will be, praise God!
I am thankful for...my family, my home, but mostly my relationship with Jesus Christ.
From the learning rooms...we're reading The ADVENTure of Christmas by Lisa Whelchel. It has a different story about Christmas everyday, linking items like the tree and candy canes with Jesus, and activities, though I admit we haven't done any yet. Learning multiplication tables too.
From the kitchen...baked pork chops. Yum!
I am wearing...still in my house dress. I need to get changed.
I am creating...not a whole lot this week, I'm afraid.
I am going...to run to Costco or Wally World for wrapping paper.
I am reading...Genesis for my morning devotions, the chapter of Proverbs that corresponds with the day (today is the 8th, so I read chapter 8), finishing Looking Ahead and The Purpose Driven Life.
I am hoping...my daughter and son do well on their finals this week.
I am hearing...the whirr of the computer fan. Not much else.
Around the house...I finished laundry yesterday but already there's more to do. Bathrooms on Monday as usual.
One of my favorite things...is watching Christmas movies. Lifetime, ABC Family and Hallmark have had some nice ones, plus we have a video and DVD collection whenever there's nothing better on.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Wednesday will either be Awana or a Christmas activity at my friend's son's school. Haven't decided which yet. My daughter comes home on Friday!! Oh yeah, and my birthday is this week. I'll be turning 29 for the 16th time.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...my daughter's bedroom. You didn't think I stopped decorating at the bedrooms, did you?

To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anita Ann said...

I am watching Hallmark right now and love Christmas movies

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog -- very impressive that your daughter's room is 'picture perfect'! Blessings,

Mrs. O said...

I'm still waiting to see the pictures of the boys' room. I guess I'll be calling this weekend and getting a chance to speak with Nana ... if she doesn't tie up the phone!

Blessedw5mom said...

Loved your daybook post! I think I'll go check out that advent book. Hope you have a blessed week and holiday season! Thanks for visiting my blog.