Monday, January 19, 2009

100 Things About Me

Kristin over at Homemaker at Heart did this meme(http://homemakerathearts.blogspot.com/2009/01/100-things-repost-from-my-wordpress.html) and while I first thought it would be pretty vain to do a post on 100 things about myself I figured, it IS my blog, so why not? I was actually surprised at some of the stuff I remembered. Oh well, here it goes (hope you don't get bored!):

1 – I am 45 years old.

2 – I am the oldest of 4 children.

3 – Twins run in my family. My younger brother & sister are twins.

4 – I was raised in the Jehovah’s Witness religion.

5 – I accepted Christ as my Savior 5 ½ years ago.

6 – I’ve written my testimony. You can read it at http://www.towerwatch.com/Testimonies/mrsr.htm

7 – Secretly, I would love to be an interior designer.

8 – My favorite color is green.

9 – I studied bookkeeping in high school and graduated 4th in my class.

10 – I never went to college.

11 – I love to cook and bake.

12 – I am a bit of a neat freak.

13 – I teach Sunday Bible classes at church to elementary school kids.

14 – I am currently a stay at home mom.

15 – I am 5 years older than my husband.

16 – I was born in the Bronx, NY to Puerto Rican parents. That makes me a Newyorican (I hate that word!).

17 – I was born 3 weeks after President John F. Kennedy was assassinated.

18 – My favorite kitchen appliances are my slow cooker and my dishwasher.

19 – I love board games.

20 – Most of the TV I watch is on TLC (The Learning Channel). Jon & Kate plus 8, What Not to Wear, 17 Kids & Counting, Mystery Diagnosis, New Detective. Once in a while I watch Food Network or HGTV.

21 – I’ve never seen American Idol.

22 – I’ve never watched an episode of “Friends”.

23 – We purchased our new construction home in 1999, before the real estate boom. If we were to try and buy it now, we couldn’t afford it.

24 – Chocolate is proof that God still loves us.

25 – I attended Catholic Church for 18 years but never became one.

26 – My kids say I’m OCD about cleanliness. I don’t know what they’re talking about.

27 – I have no trouble falling asleep.

28 – I have 3 wonderful kids.

29 – My son’s friends have mistaken me for his sister :-).

30 – I love musicals. Sound of Music is my favorite.

31 – My favorite band is Casting Crowns, followed closely by BarlowGirl.

32 – My favorite food is anything Italian.

33 – I do about 10 loads of laundry a week.

34 – I love the smell of babies, fresh cut grass and Downey fabric softener.

35 – I hate cleaning bathrooms.

36 – Jennifer Lopez and I grew up in neighboring ‘hoods. In fact I could walk to her house from mine in about 20 minutes. Never met her, though.

37 – I love seafood. Except crab, not fond of crab.

38 – I love to read.

39 – I don’t like talking on the phone.

40 – My husband and I got married 2 months after our daughter was born.

41 – My kids were all born by Cesarean section.

42 – All 3 of my kids were born on the 27th: The oldest on March 27, and the 2 youngest on December 27.

43 – My favorite clothing store: New York & Company.

44 – I love bargain shopping. My 2 favorite words are Sale and Free.

45 – I worked 11 ½ years for the same company before they went bankrupt and I got laid off.

46 – I’ve read thru the whole Bible once and the New Testament twice.

47 – I have few friends, but the ones I have are top notch.

48 – I never want to move out of Florida.

49 – I still have dial up Internet.

50 – I just started text messaging last month.

51 – I’m a home body. I’d rather be home than anywhere else.

52 – I sold Christmas decorations thru party plans for 10 years.

53 – It was snowing the day I was born.

54 – I drive a 2001 Mitsubishi Montero Sport, and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

55 – I hate wearing boots.

56 – My favorite season is autumn.

57 – I was named after my mom’s boss’s daughter. He was always bragging about his daughter Arlene and my mom thought it was so sweet.

58 – I played the clarinet in grade school and junior high.

59 – My daughter is an amazing guitar and bass player.

60 – My favorite pastime is scrapbooking.

61 – I’m trying to lose 5 pounds.

62 – I’m allergic to berries.

63 – I’m deathly afraid of mice.

64 – I never learned to ride a bike.

65 – My favorite subject in school was history.

66 – I’ve read Kate Gosselin’s book twice. In one month.

67 – On September 11, 2001, I was at work. My friend called me to tell me about the WTC.

68 – I think Rachael Ray’s recipes rock!

69 – I prefer Coke over Pepsi, but my favorite is Sprite.

70 – I prefer Burger King over McDonald’s.

71 – I have naturally curly hair which I straighten with the blow dryer and straightening iron every time I wash it.

72 – I’ve been to Walt Disney World about 15 times.

73 – I’d like to homeschool my son, but I don’t know if I have the patience to do it.

74 – My hair used to be jet black. Then I started getting natural white highlights. Now I dye it auburn.

75 – I have a brown thumb. I don’t know why. My mom can grow anything in her apartment in NY, and I can’t grow a simple plant in South Florida. I know, pathetic.

76 – I still miss our dog Tobey. He had to be put down in July. I start crying every time I remember him.

77 – I absolutely HATE to cry in public. Few people have ever seen me cry because I do everything possible not to.

78 – I don’t buy jewelry. My husband has bought almost every piece of jewelry I own. He has excellent taste, and besides, why spend my money if it makes him happy to buy for me?

79 – My favorite ice cream is Haagen Daz Vanilla Swiss Almond. I could eat an entire pint in one sitting.

80 – When I was pregnant with my oldest son, I’d go through bags of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. Now his favorite candies are Reese’s Pieces. Do we see a connection here?

81 – I love chocolate chip cookies. With fruit punch. Yum!!

82 – I don’t like peaches. Even the smell of peaches makes me gag.

83 – My favorite fruit is apples. I am a New Yorker, after all.

84 – I’m a perfectionist. If things aren’t perfect I get panicky.

85 – I’m an introvert.

86 – I did the Gallup test to find out my spiritual gifts and abilities. My spiritual gifts are:
1-Administration, 2-Teaching, 3-Exhortation.

87 – My spiritual abilities, based on the Strengthfinder test, are:
1-Harmony, 2-Context, 3-Learner, 4-Discipline, 5-Intellection

88 – Harmony: Means I’m always trying to get people to get along. I’m a natural born peacemaker.

89 – Context: lover of history (see #65)

90 – Learner: I get a thrill out of learning new things. I guess that’s why I love reading the Bible. There’s something new to learn in it everyday.

91 – Discipline: I must have everything organized. “A place for everything and everything in its place” is my favorite saying. I can be a bit of a control freak because of my need for order.

92 – Intellection: I’m a thinker. I love to study and have intellectual conversations. I’m not interested in going to a big party or be around people. I’d rather be alone, in a corner, with a book, or speaking to someone who is an expert on any given subject.

93 – I’m leading a small group this spring for the 6th time. We’ll be studying the book “Really Bad Girls of the Bible” by Liz Curtis Higgs.

94 – My favorite holidays are Thanksgiving and Christmas.

95 – I don’t like taking baths. It feels to me like I’m swimming in dirty water. I love showers.

96 – Of all the careers I could have opted for, I’m glad I chose motherhood.

97 – If my house is messy, I start feeling panicky.

98 – I don’t care for the color blue.

99 – I’ve been wearing glasses since I was 15 years old.

100 – I prefer wearing dresses or skirts to pants. I feel much prettier.

Wow! I actually did it! It's sort of like playing Trivial Pursuit, only all the questions are about me. You can do it too, if you care to. Or not. It's a free country.

2 comments:

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

I never thought of this as being vain...LOL You're right...it's YOUR blog! :o)

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

re: ah hahahaha! It's celery with PB and raisins. They're delicious!