Monday, January 19, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Jan. 19, 2009

FOR TODAY January 19, 2009...
Outside my window...it's another sunshiny day. 64 Degrees this morning when I got up. Should get a "cold" front this week, bringing the temps down to a bitter 40+ degrees on Wednesday.
I am thinking...the TV will be saturated with inauguration programs all week.
I am thankful for...the love of my Savior.
From the learning rooms...I think we'll play some Scrabble today. It's fun, and educational.
From the kitchen...jambalaya in the slow cooker. One of my favorites.
I am wearing...haven't changed out of my house dress, and it's almost 10:00. Shame on me.
I am creating...a plan for renovating the master bathroom.
I am going...to enjoy today with my son at home.
I am reading...Numbers for my morning devotions. I've ordered a couple of books from Amazon which should arrive this week. Good, 'cause I need some fresh reading material.
I am hearing...the hum of the computer, and my youngest son's ramblings. He's a talkative little critter.
Around the house...bathrooms and laundry. House is pretty clean for the most part.
One of my favorite things...is board games. We played tons of them when I was growing up, and we have fun playing them now, especially when everyone is home and willing to play.
A few plans for the rest of the week: back to school tomorrow. I hope to go with my hubby to the tile store so we can decide on a design for the bathroom. I'd like to get that done and over with as soon as possible. Awana on Wednesday. Sunday we have a guest speaker at church, Dr. Bob Barnes, who will speak on marriage and relationships. I promised that I would teach one of the children's classes so that the teacher for this week can go to one of the services and hear Dr. Barnes. I'm sure we will be blessed by his message.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...I actually don't have any new pics. I need to get the camera out. Keeps it more fun.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Kristin-Homemaker@Heart said...

I haven't done this is a hundred years...I miss it.