Monday, January 5, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - Jan 5, 2009

FOR TODAY January 5, 2009...
Outside my window...sunny & warm. No cold front yet. Our temps have been above average for the past few weeks.
I am thinking...my daughter is on her way up to school. I pray she makes it there safe.
I am thankful for...the past 3 weeks, with the kids home from school. Now, back to our normal routine.
From the learning rooms...let's see what my son brings home from school today.
From the kitchen...chicken noodle soup. My son R has the flu real bad, and this should help him feel better.
I am wearing...beige tank top, baby blue capris & sandals.
I am creating...this blog post.
I am going...to rest up today (feeling a bit under the weather).
I am reading...Leviticus for my morning devotions. Also a book by Phil Callaway: I Used to Have Answers, Now I Have Kids. Very funny!
I am hearing...the TV in my bedroom. Hubby is watching a soap opera before he goes back to work.
Around the house...I've taken all the Christmas decor down, and still need to get it cleaned up. Just not today. I'm tired.
One of my favorite things...is staying home when I don't feel well, and just rest up.
A few plans for the rest of the week: back to Awana on Wednesday; E is so excited. We have our beginning of the year dinner at church on Thursday. We'll see what God has in store for us in 2009.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...my Christmas present from my hubby:



I hinted, pointed, surfed on the 'net, because I wanted a bigger crock pot than my 5 quart. Did hubby buy it for me? No way! He gave me a gift certificate so I could get it myself. No problem! Isn't it great? Doesn't take much to make me happy.

To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Happy New Year, sis! Ooooh, cool crock pot! There must be something in the air because I've been sick too. Unfortunately, I had to go to work. If I didn't want to keep my independence, maybe I'd stop working too. Love you!