Monday, February 9, 2009

Days Two and Three

I guess what I hate most about construction is, before it can start there must be destruction. The mess becomes nerve wracking (at least to me, because I hate dirt and messes). Here's the progress thus far:

From the bathroom entrance. Broken tiles everywhere.
This is where the vanity was. The mirrors are still there (that's me again, in a pink sweatshirt because it was so cold that day). Below, however, just rubble.

Toilet's still standing! Of course actually using it would have been a bit uncomfortable. Looks like no relief in sight (pardon the pun).

By day three, the plumbing for the vanity was well under way. The contractor moved it from the left hand side to the center. I'm so glad, too. I really believe everything will function better and be more comfortable now.

Oh well, even the toilet's gone now. Thankfully so is the broken tile. Still, there's so much dust everywhere; I can see it from my son's room where I'm typing right now. Ugh! I just cleaned up AGAIN this morning! Yep, it'll be this way for a few more days. They're tiling the bathtub area today, so far it looks pretty nice. Once they're done tiling, the vanity will be made and installed, and I can paint. I enjoy painting, and by doing it myself we save some money. Keep watching, more pics to come!

No comments: