Monday, February 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, February 23, 2009
Outside my window...a bit overcast. Hopefully we'll receive some much needed rain. Weather's been in the 60's to 70's range.
I am thinking...about my youngest son who is a poster child for dyslexia but his teacher doesn't seem to agree. I need to take care of this, and now.
I am thankful...for the friends God has put in my life. They're not only good listeners, they help direct me and encourage me in my life and walk with the Lord.
From the learning rooms...I had a conference with E's teacher last Monday. I finally was able to convince her that my son needs to be tested for dyslexia, but she indicated that, although she would put the paperwork in, testing wouldn't happen until next school year. This is unacceptable. Some wonderful ladies in my church who are also teachers have steered me in the direction I need to go to get this resolved quickly.
From the kitchen...pork tenderloin in one crock pot, Puertorican style pea soup in another. I love crock pot cooking!
I am wearing...lime green t-shirt, green khaki capris, flip-flops, and I left my hair curly because I need to get it colored. My natural hair color is black but I don't appreciate the white highlights that have invaded it after I turned 40, so I color it auburn.
I am creating...not in a creative state of mind currently. Got too much other stuff going on.
I am going...to probably make another trip to Target to get a shower curtain. I'm not liking the one I have right now.
I am reading...1 Samuel for morning devotions, still on Matthew for S.O.A.P. devotions, chapter 3 of Really Bad Girls of the Bible and trying to finish up The Case for Faith.
I am hearing...nothing but the hum of the computer. It's really quiet.
I am hoping...that my husband gets out of jury duty. He had to report today and it causes him all kinds of stress because he's the only one working (my son has a part-time job but that pretty much pays for his expenses). I'm also hoping my brother-in-law will get here today and finish the bathroom vanity.
Around the house...the normal stuff, cleaning bathrooms, do some laundry, but really the house is pretty tidy.
One of my favorite things...is turning my house into a home. I like our home to be our family's sanctuary.
A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm going to make an appointment with the school councelor about getting E tested before FCAT exams, also see about independent testing. Awana on Wednesday, small groups on Friday. Don't have much else planned, but God can change that when I least expect it.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing: actually, I'll have more pics later in the week as we wrap up bathroom remodeling. I think it's going to look spectacular!
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

4 comments:

Keeper of the Home said...

Can't wait to see your completed remodel. It's always exciting to see the end result after the dust settles and things are in their place.

Hootin Anni said...

What kind of shower curtain are you going to look for?

My Daybook is posted for today, won't you join me? Click Here

Anonymous said...

My husband has dyslexia and wasn't diagnosed until the middle son was diagnosed with it. He tells some sad but true stories about going through boot camp with dyslexia and not knowing his left from his right. He did a lot of push-ups. You are wise to deal with this challenge now and not later. I say give the teachers ritalin and let the boys run wild!

Jerralea said...

I'm scheduled for jury duty, too. It's a pain because I must have someone scheduled to fill in for me, but often they call and say they don't need me and then I had all these arrangements made for nothing!

Enjoyed your daybook. I read about your bathroom remodeling. It will look great!