Monday, February 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February 16, 2009

For today, February 16, 2009
Outside my window...cloudy, cool, looks like it might rain. Of course it started out that way yesterday and turned into a scorcher. Have to wait and see what develops.
I am thinking...about my friends who lost their father yesterday. He's with the Lord now but they are still sad.
I am thankful for...the hope we have in Christ. Knowing that one day we will be together with our loved ones again makes death more bearable.
From the learning rooms...have a parent/teacher conference tomorrow. Doesn't look too good. E's reading score is still low. We'll be working on a project for Black History Month today. E chose to do his report on Jackie Robinson, so we'll be reading about him.
From the kitchen...I was going to make chicken parmegiana today, but there's so much ham left it would be terrible to let it go to waste. I'll make home-made pizza for lunch and we'll have ham at dinner time.
I am wearing...a very ratty t-shirt, old jean capris, and I'm barefoot. Painting the bathroom ceiling today, so I don't want to ruin any of my good clothes.
I am creating...the design for bathroom #2. That's next once we finish the master bath.
I am going...to paint the master bathroom, or at least the ceiling. I like painting, but ceilings are hard and cumbersome, so I may not have time to do walls also.
I am reading...Judges for my morning devotions, still working on Matthew for my S.O.A.P. devotions, and almost done with The Case for Faith. I'm already on the third chapter of Really Bad Girls of the Bible and small groups haven't started yet.
I am hearing...my youngest son playing in the family room. No school on President's Day.
Around the house...I've got about 3 loads of laundry to do today, painting, and tidying up the kitchen. The house is a mess because I've been so busy cleaning and sealing the bathroom tiles I haven't had time to focus on anything else. Hopefully that'll change soon.
One of my favorite things...is my son coming over periodically to shower me with kisses. Not because he wants anything from me, just because he loves to kiss his mommy.
A few plans for the rest of the week: our worship leader, who is also our youth pastor, and his sister, who is children's ministry director and one of my very dearest friends, said goodbye to their father yesterday as he went to be with Jesus. Their father was a pastor at a Spanish speaking church in one of the low income neighborhoods in Miami. They're a large family who know the Lord and are very close, which is good during this time. Tonight is the viewing and the service which I hope to attend. Parent/teacher conference tomorrow, Awana & Bible study on Wednesday, Thursday I'll most likely be tile shopping again, Friday is our first small groups meeting, and Saturday is our wedding anniversary. Busy week!
Here is a prayer request I'm sharing: pray for those who lose a loved one and have no hope. Ask that we take the opportunity to tell them about Jesus. It may be the only time they're willing to listen.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com.
Have a blessed week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Arlene. I really enjoyed ur entry this week. Reading the blessing u get from being showered with kisses for no reason really struck a chord with me. Since my oldest is 17, I can share with u that it just keeps getting better! When they are littletons it feels all mushy and heart warming. When they become eldertons, well, you know it is genuin and ur heart actually melts. I am getting tearful just typing about it to u, because I am so overwhlemed by the blessing that my teens still come in and hug & kiss on me for no reason whatsoever! God is so good!
Thanks again for your wonderful entry!