Monday, February 9, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - February 9, 2009

FOR TODAY February 9, 2009...

To join in the fun, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com

Outside my window...weather has gone back to normal. It's sunny, not overly warm, upper 60's by now. There's no humidity and a cool breeze means I don't need to turn on the air conditioner or heater. Perfect weather.
I am thinking...about the mess in my house. There's construction dust everywhere. Yuck!
I am thankful for...my God who comes through for me each and every day.
From the learning rooms...shapes & sizes in math. Simple geometry. Also preparing for the FCAT.
From the kitchen...pot roast in the slow cooker. Need to stay out of the way of the contractors, and I think this is the best way.

I am wearing...college t-shirt (daughter's college), jean capris and flip flops. Weather is nice enough that I can dress in springtime outfits in February. See why I love Florida?
I am creating...this blog post, and the first couple of lessons for our small group.
I am going...to probably have to go back to the tile store and get more tiles. The design changed a little so I think I have too much of one and not enough of another.
I am reading...Joshua for my morning devotions, and Matthew for my S.O.A.P. devotions. I'm about half way through The Case for Faith by Lee Strobel. And of course Really Bad Girls of the Bible for our small group study.
I am hearing...the tile cutting going on outside and the men working inside. I can't wait till it's all done and I can clean my house again.
Around the house...I'm doing laundry right now, and already set the slow cooker. Can't really do much other than continue to sweep every hour so the dust doesn't overwhelm us.
One of my favorite things...is Haagen Daz ice cream. Wish I had some right now!
A few plans for the rest of the week: my hubby said the bathroom remodel would take 3 days. Well, today is day 3 and they're just starting to put the tiles in, so I think he underestimated. Construction will take, in my opinion, all week, but hopefully when it's done it will look fabulous. Stay tuned!
Here is picture thought I am sharing...contruction till now (scary, I know):

Have a blessed week!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Ah yes construction..right now we are in the winter months here in NY so nothing going on yet. But come spring we are completely redoing our bathroom. We will stay with my parents until it is done...we only have one bathroom. I'm excited about it...but not about the dust and mess. Have a great week.

Mrs. O said...

You've got dust and I've got a hole in my bathroom wall. Hopefully, both our "renovations" will be completed by Friday.