Friday, March 20, 2009

Once Again He Comes Through

I've been unemployed for the past 7 months. If you've followed my blog you know I was laid off in August after 11 1/2 years working for a company that went bankrupt, then was sold to another company 4 hours away. God has been amazing time and time again, providing above and beyond anything we expected, certainly way more than we could ever deserve. I've posted about the many blessings He has bestowed upon my family, and this time is no exception.

I've been collecting unemployment for these last 6 months, which isn't a whole lot of money but it has been helpful. This month the pot went dry, and I'm still not working. I've applied to a few places, but the economy being so bad (and here in Florida it's really really bad) I've gotten no responses. This hasn't troubled me though. When I first realized my employment would be ending I cried out to the Lord because I hadn't been successful finding a job. He spoke two simple words to my heart: "Trust Me." So I have, and not once have we had to worry about money or bills. Now that my unemployment compensation was up, I wondered what my next step would be. I admit I started to worry, not panic or stress but mulling over in my head what my strategy should be. I'm such a fool. I began praying for guidance. Today as I listened to the radio on my way to grocery shop, I prayed and asked God to let me know what He wants me to do, whether it's go back to work, stay home for a while longer, or what. I laid this burden at His feet and left it there. I finished shopping, came home to put everything away, then noticed a letter from the unemployment bureau. I figured it was just a notice letting me know I had run out of UEC funds. Instead, it was a letter telling me my UEC has been extended for an addition 20 weeks. Is God not amazing?!?!?!? I started laughing, crying, and praising Him for His goodness, His faithfulness, His love and mercy. I called my hubby (who had already seen the notice but hadn't said anything to me) and he was almost speechless when I told him I'd been praying for this. I can't wait till tonight so I can share this with my women's small group and together we can praise God for all He's done and all He's doing and all that He's yet to do. Thank the Lord for his Grace!

No comments: