Monday, March 16, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 16, 2009

For Today, March 16, 2009...
Outside my window...the sun is shining, the temps are in the 70's and there's a nice Florida breeze. That should be changing, however. Hopefully we'll have some rain this week. It's been a very dry winter.
I am thinking...about the long conversation I had with my sister yesterday. An hour and a half on the phone! There was plenty to talk about and think about.
I am thankful...for the week I had with my daughter at home. We had fun doing stuff together. Now she's back at school, but she'll be home again in May. Can't wait!
From the learning rooms...I'm planning on homeschooling E during the summer again. I'm looking for workbooks and computer curriculums. I bought one book at Costco, and saw a curriculum with 4 subjects for only $54.99. I want to look into it before I buy, though. After all, we get what we pay for, and I don't want to cheat my son by getting something that isn't going to help him.
From the kitchen...ham steaks, pea soup, white rice, and salad. Yummy!
I am wearing...a pea green t-shirt (because I'm making pea soup), khaki capri's and brown sandals.
I am creating...a new bathroom. Well, fixing up the old one is more like it. And a new background for my blog. My sister didn't like the dark background with light lettering I had, and I got tired of the light background. Let's see if this one's more appealing.
I am going...to start tearing out tiles in a little while. Gotta get a few other things taken care of first.
I am reading...finished 1 Kings this morning, finishing up Matthew this week, and Really Bad Girls of the Bible for our weekly study.
I am hearing...nothing other than the computer. I love quiet mornings.
I am hoping...we can finish the bathroom under budget. Don't want to spend more than we have to.
Around the house...I need to get a few things done before I can proceed with more tile removal in the bathroom. It's going to be a mess, so I'll feel better if the rest of the house isn't.
One of my favorite things...is a good book on a rainy day. Especially if there's thunder. That's so cozy.
A few plans for the rest of the week: bathroom demo will probably take up most of my time. I'll have to run to Home Depot for a few supplies. Other than that, the usual busyness.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing: actually, I'll have alot of pictures this week, as the bathroom demolition and reconstruction take shape. Stay tuned!
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

3 comments:

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

Good luck on your bath room, I'm suppose to start on mine next week.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with finishing your bathroom. I also homeschool my son during the summer, but I haven't found what I want to use yet. Glad you had a nice time with your daughter home. Have a great week.

A happy heart at home said...

I like quiet mornings, too, and reading books! I enjoyed reading your daybook. I hope your bathroom remodel goes well.

~Susan