Monday, March 23, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 23, 2009

For Today, March 23, 2009...


Outside my window...it's cloudy and overcast. We got plenty of much needed rain this weekend and it looks like we'll get some more today. The grass is very happy.


I am thinking...about eating healthier. I know what I have to eat, but there's so much temptation out there!! Why is it the things that are bad for us taste so good?!? But I guess that's the situation with more than just food.


I am thankful for...Lily, who is the new children's ministry director at our church. She's so sweet and listens to everything we have to say while keeping everything under control. She made some changes that are working out real well. She's an asset to the ministry.


From the learning rooms...my daughter's English term paper is so good her professor asked if it could be used in an online course. That's my girl!


From the kitchen...white rice and ground beef. My young son's favorite.


I am wearing...a black t-shirt, jean capris and flip flops.


I am creating...hmm, not creating a whole lot this week. Got too much other stuff to get caught up on.


I am going...to Home Depot this afternoon. Need to buy supplies. Bathroom work should start this Thursday.


I am reading...2 Kings for morning devotions, and finished reading chapter 6 of Really Bad Girls of the Bible.


I am hearing...the hum of the computer. Everyone's gone to school or work so it's really quiet.


I am hoping...E feels better today. We went kite flying yesterday and it was really windy. Good for kites, bad for little boys. He was complaining of a sore throat this morning.


Around the house...I've got to get rid of a lot of dust! Breaking apart this bathroom makes a mess everywhere. It'll be like this for a couple more weeks at least, I think.


One of my favorite things...is barbequing. Only our grill isn't working. I hope we can get it fixed.


A few plans for the rest of the week: cleaning as the bathroom demo is finished and remodeling begins. The end result is great, but the dust, ugh. Friday is my son R's 22nd birthday. Where did the time go? In my eyes he's still my baby. Other than that, the normal routine.


Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...
Hubby working on the bathroom. Tiles are out, but plumbing proved to be more difficult. More demo and destruction to come - stay tuned!
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lot of work on your bathroom! My good friend has been doing similar work on her bedroom this week... and oh, the dust! I feel for you. Please post pictures some Monday when it's all done. :-)

~Anne

Mrs. Jane Doe said...

Hello Arlene! Thank you for your sweet note! :O) Despite all the dust, it will be well worth the effort y'all have put into the bathroom redo.

My Father lives in South Florida - Indian River/Vero Beach area. It has been a long time since we were down that way. Since we moved here, my dad comes up for a few days to enjoy the Fall foliage.

Have a wonderful evening!

xo