Monday, March 30, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - March 30 Edition

For today, March 30, 2009


Outside my window...is a bright and sunshiny day, about 70 degrees. We got a little rain this weekend, and hopefully some more today.


I am thinking...about some high school friends I found on Facebook. I graduated from HS 28 years ago, but it seems like only yesterday when I find my dear friends.


I am thankful for...a good meeting I had with E's teachers this morning. He's doing much better, and is expected to pass to 4th grade. Praise the Lord!


From the learning rooms...we'll be working on plot development which is similar to main idea for reading comprehension.


From the kitchen...crock pot jambalaya with white rice.


I am wearing...a burgundy blouse, grey skirt and (now) house sandals. I was wearing my black pumps when I went to meet with the teachers, but took them off as soon as I got home. I always dress up when I go see my son's teachers. I believe he deserves to have a mommy that looks presentable.


I am creating...this week's menu. I'm a bit behind.


I am going...to get out of these nice clothes and into some shorts. Need to start cleaning up after hubby was working on the bathroom again yesterday.


I am reading...chapter 7 of Really Bad Girls of the Bible, and Matthew chapter 27. I've broken it down so I can really get into it.


I am hearing...my son getting up. He worked last night so he slept in.


I am hoping...my son continues to do well in school and his reading continues to improve.


Around the house...laundry, bathroom cleaning, and get rid of some dust. I've managed to keep everything as clean as possible despite the construction, but I need to go over the floors everyday.


One of my favorite things is...seeing old friends. Pastor Bill and his beautiful wife Rebecca were visiting from Connecticut yesterday, and it was great to see them and their 3 gorgeous daughters.


A few plans for the rest of the week: more construction work will be going on, though not as quickly as with the master bath. We're doing this one ourselves, so it's more about doing a little each day. Wednesday is April Fool's Day - don't get caught!


Here's a picture thought I'm sharing: I swiped this from Marybeth Whalen because it's so true:

To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Thank you for sharing your daybook today. I'm new to it this week. I love the picture you shared! :)