Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Ungrateful Dead

Three friends arrived at the Pearly Gates at the same time. As part of their orientation in heaven, Saint Peter asked what kind of remarks they would most like to hear from their family and friends at their funerals.

"I would like to hear them say that I was a great doctor and a good family man," said the first.

"I would like to hear that I was a wonderful husband and that during my career as a school teacher I made a difference in many lives," chimed in the second fellow.

"Those both sound terrific," replied the third, "but I'd like to hear them say, 'Look! He's moving!'"

Hey, everyone needs a good laugh now and then, right? ;-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hahaha! I've always liked that joke.

ryc: You don't have to notify anyone that you're homeschooling in the state of Texas. (Although, you do in the state of Louisiana, once the child is 7.)

We keep a record of what we're doing, just in case. Texas is very homeschooling friendly.