Monday, April 6, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook - April 6, 2009

For Today, April 6, 2009...
Outside my window...it's very sunny but SOOO humid. It's been like this for days but we haven't gotten a whole lot of rain. I hope we get rain soon; when the weather is like this it affects my allergies. We've also got tons of mosquitos right now. My son is covered in bug bites, poor thing. Gotta keep him inside for a while. Bummer.
I am thinking...today would have been my parent's 46th wedding anniversary. My father passed away in 2001.
I am thankful...for my Savior. This week is a time to reflect on His sacrifice.
From the learning rooms...spring break this week, so E and I are working on a project: planting seeds. I picked some of my grandmother's favorites, dahlias and marigolds. My grandmother was always in the yard planting something. She had a real green thumb too. The woman could plant a nail and grow a Home Depot.
From the kitchen...fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken.
I am wearing...a dark green t-shirt, brown & white shorts & sandals. Very light clothing.
I am creating...a home management journal. Well, I'm starting to work on it slowly. With this whole bathroom remodel anything I plan gets tossed out the window because there are so many other things that need to get done. But I am preparing myself for after construction is done.
I am reading...chapter 8 of Really Bad Girls of the Bible. I'm on 2 Chronicles in my morning devotions. I've also started reading Surviving a Spiritual Mismatch in Marriage by Lee Strobel. I've read a couple of Lee Strobel's books and they're excellent. I'm gaining a lot of insight from this book also.
I am hearing...the a/c just turned on, and my youngest son watching cartoons. I love having him at home with me this week.
I am hoping...to come up with some more projects for E and I to work on while we aren't working on the bathroom. Poor little guy was bored on Saturday because we did bathroom work the entire day and there wasn't much for him to do.
Around the house...there's dust everywhere, but that's to be expected. I'm going to work on lots of laundry today.
One of my favorite things...is seeing my husband's satisfaction as he works on the bathroom. He doesn't like to admit it, but he's enjoying tiling the bathroom. He looks in on his work at least twice a day, and every chance he gets he's measuring or adjusting. Anyone can pay to have a project done; it's so much more satisfying to be able to say, "I did it myself."
A few plans for the rest of the week: construction continues. We'll be focusing on Easter, helping prepare for our church's Easter Egg Hunt by stuffing Easter eggs. I volunteered to teach one of the children's classes so the other teachers can enjoy the service.
Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...this is the most important time of the year for Christians. It's a time to reflect on the true meaning of the Gospel: Christ is Risen! I pray that we all will dedicate time to prayer and to helping others understand how this truth can impact their lives for eternity.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week and a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

MediMonsters said...

--The woman could plant a nail and grow a Home Depot.--

too funny!!

Have a great week.