Monday, April 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, April 13, 2009...
Outside my window...it seems we've skipped spring altogether and gone directly into summer. It's in the 70's right now, going up to the 80's, and tomorrow we should be hitting 90 degrees. It's also been very humid, though we haven't gotten a whole lot of rain. Frankly, it feels more like June than April.
I am thinking...about the wonderful time we had at church yesterday. Pastor Bob was ON FIRE! There were loads of new people, too. The place was packed, worship was awesome, and the kids had a blast. We had a HUGE Easter egg hunt, over 10,000 eggs in the school's football field. I hope the people that came to visit enjoyed the service enough to come back.
I am thankful for...the Resurrection. It's the basis of our faith. Without that, there is nothing.
From the learning rooms...back to school today.
From the kitchen...fried chicken, mashed potatoes, corn. A simple yet delicious meal.
I am wearing...a peach tank top, brown & white shorts & flip flops. Believe me, it's hot outside!
I am creating...hmm, not creating much right now. Need to start getting creative...
I am reading...Ezra for my morning devotions, and finishing up my study of Really Bad Girls of the Bible for small groups.
I am hearing...my oldest son outside getting the wet saw ready. Hubby has maybe 2 or 3 more tiles to cut before we put the thing back in the box and try to sell it. It was a great investment, worked like a charm and was much less expensive than renting a wet saw, but we don't need it anymore. If we can sell it, it will have more than paid for itself.
I am hoping...to get the bathroom finished this week. It's been a lot of work and I'll be happy to be done with it!
Around the house...laundry, laundry and more laundry. I also need to clean the refrigerator. Not one of my favorite jobs, but a necessary one.
One of my favorite things...is blue jays. We get them quite often in our backyard, but I never get the camera out in time to snap a picture. I hope I do soon. They are just so beautiful.
A few plans for the rest of the week: Lots of cleaning up needs to be done to get rid of as much dust as possible. Finish up the bathroom (hopefully), and the regular stuff. We have 2 chapters left of Really Bad Girls, then the group will have a fellowship time. That should be fun.
Here's a picture thought I'm sharing: I felt like a total idiot when I realized, there was my son ready to pick Easter eggs and I forgot my camera!! Duh!! Thankfully, our church photographer Omar snapped a pic and will be emailing it to me. Thanks Omar, you're the best! I'll post it as soon as I get it.
To join in the fun, visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week!

3 comments:

DebD said...

10,000 easter eggs!!?? Gracious that is a lot. Happy celebrations to you during this week.

(coming over from the Simple Woman's Daybook blog).

A happy heart at home said...

That's a lot of eggs! I enjoyed reading your daybook. Have a great week!

~Susan

Anonymous said...

Laundry, laundry, laundry . . . I can so relate!!! That's what I'm doing today. :0)

It was nice to stop by & visit your daybook. :0)