Thursday, May 21, 2009

Awana Awards

Last night was the last night of Awana for this year, and the church had its awards ceremony. The children, from pre-k thru 6th grade, were commended for their attendance, for their hard work and diligence, and for their participation in all the activities. All the children received ribbons for the year, and others received special recognition for their achievements. Imagine my extreme joy when my son E won a medal for merit. He has struggled so much in school this year, it was wonderful to have him awarded for his effort and love of learning God's Word. My son was beaming, he actually jumped up and down in his excitement. It was awesome.

Guess what his mom forgot to bring to the ceremony?

That's right. The camera.

I could not believe I left the camera home, again. My family has a terrible habit of forgetting the camera. I'm considering gluing it to my forehead so I don't have an excuse anymore. I was able to snap a pic with my cell phone, but I don't know how to download it to the computer. I'll have to wait till my oldest son gets home from working with his dad. If we can get that done I'll post the one pic I got. And maybe this will teach me a valuable lesson, for next time.

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 1:4.

No comments: