Saturday, May 16, 2009

Observing my senses

Today, May 16, 2009...

I am seeing...my son eating his breakfast of chocolate chip Eggo's with sausages.

I am feeling...the sun on my back as it streams thru the window. It poured last night thank the Lord. Maybe it'll rain some more today.

I am tasting...my morning coffee. It's something I thoroughly enjoy.

I am hearing...a cartoon on Disney XD channel. Makes me wanna go to Disney World. I love it there.

I am smelling...Mr. Clean with Febreeze which I used to clean the kitchen. What a great cleaner! I like the green one, it has a nice fresh scent.

It's nice to sit and observe what goes on around us. We don't always notice it, but our senses are working 24/7, detecting sights, sounds, smells, tastes and feelings all around us. Take a second and sense what your body is sensing. You might be pleasantly surprised...

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love it when I can take the time to just sit and listen to what's around me. I like to sit on the front porch before the kids get up...it's peaceful, the birds sing to me, the flowers are beautiful, the grass and trees are dark green, it's very uplifting.