Friday, May 29, 2009

Shopping this week

I spent over $86.00 at Winn-Dixie today. That's more than I normally spend, especially when I don't have a coupon (the store gives periodic coupons of $10 off a purchase over $50 which I take advantage of). Still, I got quite a bit of stuff for those $86.00:

1 bottle shampoo
1 bottle conditioner
2 boxes Stove Top Stuffing (at $.18 cheaper than Walmart!)
1 box onion soup mix
1 box beefy onion soup mix
2 bottles detergent
2 loaves pound cake
2 envelopes brown gravy mix
4 packages Lunchables (my son likes these, and next week is the last week of school)
4 bags salad greens
2 16oz. containers strawberries
3 peaches
2 packages ham steak
3 packages ground beef
2 packages pork chops
2 boneless chuck roasts
1 loaf Puertorican bread (I'm Puertorican, and I couldn't resist)

So much of this was BOGO (buy one get one free) that I was still able to save over $51.00. There is plenty of meat, enough for three weeks not including chicken which I buy at Costco. Thanks to reviewing the weekly circulars and checking prices, I've managed to stay under budget each month. This is one of the lessons the Lord has been teaching me since I stopped working. I wasn't as cautious with my spending before, though I thought I was. I looked for convenience, so I shopped at one store and didn't really look at pricing. Now, I realize how important it is to spend money wisely. And it feels really good to know the money my husband brings home is being spent in the most effective way for our family.

No comments: