Monday, May 4, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, May 4, 2009...




Outside my window...it's a sunny, breezy 80 degrees. The breeze is cool this morning so it feels like spring. Let's see how long that lasts. It's been real toasty these last few weeks, and very little rain, which is why we're having to deal with brush fires.




I am thinking...about the fun time we had on Friday, about the great message we heard yesterday, and about all the things God has prepared for us this week.




I am thankful...that my daughter got home safely last night and will be home for the next 2 weeks. Yay!




From the learning rooms...see previous post. Also planted some daisies and sunflowers. Hope they sprout for my little sprout.




From the kitchen...there's a pot roast in the crock pot. If there isn't a crock pot at the Smithsonian they need to put one there. These things are God's provision for the working woman or the busy mom, or both.




I am wearing...a grey tank top, jean capris and brown sandals. Light fare for warm weather days.




I am creating...time for scrapbooking. At least that's what I've been trying to do for the last week. Something else always seems to take precedence.




I am reading...the Psalms for my morning devotions, Mark for SOAP devotions, and I'm gonna start a new book, Surviving Financial Meltdown by Ron Blue and Jeremy White. Biblical advise on money matters. Very interested in what this book has to say.




I am hearing...my son's breathing as he sleeps. There are birds chirping outside, the ceiling fan is humming, and the keyboard is click-clicking.




I am hoping...the bathroom gets finished this week. That's right, still waiting. Is this God's way of teaching me patience?




Around the house...laundry. Also patio clean up, and the tiles in the front entryway.




One of my favorite things...is warm weather, like right now, where it's warm and breezy with little to no humidity. I know, we need the rain, but it just feels so good, that warm sun on my face. I love it.



Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...

Another South Florida Favorite: Iguanas! This one's a baby, but we've seen some enormous ones in our front yard. They're like any other animal, harmless unless they feel threatened, so we pretty much leave them alone. They're beautiful to see, though. Very colorful.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at The Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless!

1 comment:

Mrs. O said...

Oh, shoot! I forgot to get the scrapbooking stuff together and ship it out to you!! Oh me oh my! My mind has not been working that well lately. I promise to work on it this week and ship it out by Monday. PROMISE! :)