Monday, May 25, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, Memorial Day, May 25, 2009...

Outside my window...the sun is shining bright but the threat of another afternoon shower or thunderstorm looms. I'm not worried, though. It was such a dry spring, I'm thankful for the rain.

I am thinking...of the families of our fallen soldiers. Today must be bittersweet for them. God give them the strength to make it through this Memorial Day.

I am thankful for...the soldiers that risk their lives to keep us protected. There's never enough ways to show how appreciative we are.

From the learning rooms...E is finishing up a project for geography. All the kids were assigned a state to work on. My son got Louisiana.

From the kitchen...jumbo stuffed shells. I haven't made them in a long time, and they're a family favorite.

I am wearing...an olive green shirt, beige capris and brown sandals.

I am creating...still working on the recipe book, and actually got a couple of scrapbook pages done. Yippee!

I am reading...Psalms for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions.

I am hearing...the lawn mower and pressure cleaner. Hubby and oldest son are working in the yard before the rain comes. It's amazing how just a few days of rain can make such a difference in our lawn! We went from dry and brown to Amazon jungle in less than a week!

Around the house...I've already made breakfast, cleaned the kitchen, got a load of towels in the dryer, fixed my bed, swept all the bedrooms, living room, and kitchen. All this before 10:00am. I think I'll concentrate of spending the rest of the day with the family.

One of my favorite things...is going to Disney World. Only on this year's tight budget we probably won't make it. Instead I think I'll work on my Disney scrapbook.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I have a graduation party for one of the girls at church on Saturday, and we have our first annual Summer Bash church picnic on Sunday. It's gonna be big, with bounce houses, rock climbing walls, barbecue, and a special outdoor message from our pastor. Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome!

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...please pray for the best brother in law in the world, my brother in law Ed, who was hit by a car last week. Praise God he's home recuperating. The Lord had His hand over this precious man, because despite being hit by the car and landing on the concrete, there were no broken bones or severe injuries. However, he has many cuts and bruises, plus he's home resting which drives him absolutely nuts. Pray for a quick recovery, and for my sister to be patient and not harbor any anger but instead to focus on the joy of being home taking care of her dear husband. (I know you are, sis, but a little prayer never hurts).

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

You've been busy! Your church picnic sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy! I'm glad that your brother-in-law is recuperating.

~Susan