Tuesday, May 5, 2009

An Untimely Death

Our computer died yesterday. I guess we should have expected it. After all the thing is ancient (6 years old). It had been getting slower and slower, then it started shutting down for no reason. Yesterday it didn't even want to turn on. I had to unplug it from the wall and plug it in again so it would reset. Thankfully my son was able to do a backup, because this morning it just died. Won't even start up. Bummer. I'm using my daughter's laptop for now, until we figure out what to do next. Daughter just got a new laptop from Dad because of her grades (B+ in one class, the rest all A's) so I can use her old one in the meantime. Actually, I wouldn't mind keeping this one. It's nice and compact, and works just fine.

Life is just full of unexpected events, isn't it?

No comments: