Saturday, June 20, 2009

Observing My Senses

For Today, June 20, 2009...

I am seeing...bright hazy sunshine, and a bird atop my neighbor's roof.

I am feeling...happy because my daughter is home, but sad because one of my dearest friends is in the hospital. She has an auto-immune disease that compromises her ability to fight viruses, so a cold she caught 10 days ago has developed into pneumonia. Would you please lift her up in prayer? Her name is Naomy.

I am tasting...ice cold lemonade. It's pretty hot here in South Florida, and lemonade is refreshing.

I am hearing...the Disney channel. And the ice maker in the kitchen dropping ice.

I am smelling...Lysol spray from one of those automatic dispensers. Keeps the house smelling nice instead of like yesterday's dinner.

It just takes a moment to stop and observe what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

No comments: