Saturday, June 27, 2009

Observing My Senses

For Today, June 27, 2009...

I am seeing...a partly cloudy/sunny morning. The leaves on the trees are perfectly still, telling me there is not even the sign of breeze in the air. Another scorcher, no doubt.

I am feeling...better, as my cough is less. It's more of a tickle in my throat than the cough from cold I had at the beginning of the week.

I am tasting...pancakes with syrup, bacon and coffee. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day!

I am hearing...cartoons on TV, and breakfast being eaten.

I am smelling...maple syrup. Well, not REAL maple syrup. Log Cabin pancake syrup. It's not the original, but it works for me.

It just takes a moment to stop and observe what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your Staurday observances.

I see my faithful little dog curled at me feet, a dog I prayed for and a dog just right for me.

I feel heaven bent today, a yearning for my real home and a face to face encounter with the One I long for.

I taste orange juice and ginger syrup...my lovely indulgence

I hear the ceiling fan over head , cooling me as I meditate on Him and write all afternoon.

I smell supper simmering on the stove and am grateful for my home!