Monday, June 8, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 8, 2009...

Outside my window...the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and the leaves are barely moving. It's gonna be another day like all the days these past few weeks: lovely morning, rainy (and possibly stormy) afternoon. It gives us the opportunity to thank God for the sun AND the rain.

I am thinking...about yesterday's lesson in children's ministry. David and Goliath. One of my favorite stories to teach. My team did such an amazing job. We are like a well oiled machine!

I am thankful...that the migraine headache that started yesterday didn't blow up into a paralyzing headache like it has before. Migraines are terrible.

From the learning rooms...homeschooling starts today. Multiplication table review, and spelling. The software I purchased at Costco turns learning into games, so my son should enjoy it.

From the kitchen...the pot roast is already in the crockpot. Soon the whole house will smell delicious!

I am wearing...olive green t-shirt and capris, and flip flops.

I am creating...a home management binder, little by little. I'm too much of a perfectionist to have it done in a snap.

I am reading...Ecclesiastes for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, and a great book by Phil Callaway, "Who Put the Skunk in the Trunk?" It's filled with stories of people who learned to laugh even when life stinks. It's very encouraging. If you're going thru a rough period, I recommend this book.

I am hearing...morning cartoons as my son eats his breakfast.

Around the house...laundry, kitchen needs a good cleaning.

One of my favorite things...is my morning cup of coffee. I'm not a heavy coffee drinker; all I have is one cup a day, two if I'm feeling daring. But that one cup, oh how I enjoy it!

A few plans for the rest of the week: our local movie theater has free kid's matinees on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, so we hope to take advantage of that. They're old movies (Barnyard and Open Season), but hey, they're FREEE. We're hoping the community pool where my friend lives is done with maintenance this week so we can go have fun there. Thursdays is Arts & Crafts at our local library, which we also hope to go to. I'm looking for fun, educational, and economical stuff to do this summer. I think we're starting off pretty well.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...please pray for Rose, a dear lady at the church I visit Wednesday nights. She's having cataract surgery next week. She's a very independent woman and the cataracts have impeded her going out because she can't see to drive. We're praying the surgery will be successful and she can go back to her normal routine soon.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. Have a blessed week.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

How funny, we're having pot roast today too! Yum!