Monday, June 22, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, June 22, 2009...


Outside my window...hazy sunshine. I almost thought it might be getting ready to rain, but I don't think it will just yet. It would be nice, though. It has been oppressively hot and humid, and a bit of rain might help cool us off a bit. The grass and trees would appreciate it, too.

I am thinking...about all the things I need to get done today. I'm a bit of a schedule freak. I don't always write everything down, but I'll have my list going in my head and I mentally check off everything that gets done. Today's list is pretty long.

I am thankful...for my Heavenly Father, for His love, His mercy, His grace. He's the One I think of on Father's Day.

From the learning rooms...we'll be studying the country of Nicaragua this week. It's where my husband was born, so I think it's important for my son to know a little something about his heritage.

From the kitchen...chicken parmegiana and spaghetti. I was supposed to make this last week but after the hospital run and how exhausted I was I moved it to this week's menu.

I am wearing...okay, I haven't changed out of sleeping attire yet. Shame on me. I'll do that right after this post.

I am creating...nothing right now.

I am reading...Isaiah for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, finished Who Put the Skunk in the Trunk so I need to find some new reading material for myself. Reading "Ribsy" by Beverly Cleary with my son for his reading time. It's an old classic, the kind of books I read in elementary school. Books with family values that are funny and wholesome. They don't write stuff like that anymore (Oh no, I'm starting to sound like my mother!!!).

I am hearing...Cartoon Network. E is patiently awaiting his breakfast. Such a sweet boy.

Around the house...finish laundry. Clean kitchen and living room. Tidy up rest of the house.

One of my favorite things...is a good night sleep. Especially when I'm sick. It restores me.

A few plans for the rest of the week: the theater is showing The Tale of Desperaux and Kung Fu Panda for free this week. I hate mice, but I think I'll try to see the mouse movie because my son hasn't seen it yet. Library on Thursday. I'm hoping my friend gets out of the hospital this week, or that I feel well enough to go visit her. So long as I have this cold I can't risk getting her sicker than she already is. I'm going to try and find a waterpark close to home that's not too expensive so we can have some outdoor fun also.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...please lift up my friend Naomy in prayer, that she may continue to heal from pneumonia and be back home soon. We miss her terribly, and she hates to be locked up in a hospital room.

Wanna join in the fun? Peggy is on vacation, but you can visit Grandmother Wren and leave your link there. God bless and have a wonderful week.

10 comments:

Elena@ Precious Treasures said...

Hi Arlene. Lovely to read your daybook - thank you for sharing it.

God Bless,
Elena :)

Kristi said...

Will say a prayer for her right now...one for you too!

Ashley Hasty said...

Prayers for Naomy are coming from our household. I hope she gets to feeling better.

Grandmother Wren said...

Hi Arlene,

I do hope your cold will continue on its way out and leave you feeling well again. I will add your friend Naomy to my prayers.

I smiled at your hope for rain - it's interesting to read Daybooks from other parts of the country (and the world!). You surely don't live near me - we've had nothing but rain. Everyone is feeling pretty moldy by now. Maybe I can send you a little bit in exchange for some of your sun? You can keep the heat and humidity....

Thank you for sharing your Daybook at Grandmother Wren's. Please keep stopping back and linking in throughout the summer.

Michelle said...

You can have some of our rain. We've had LOTS of it this year.

I enjoyed my visit to your daybook. Have a great week. I hope your friend feels better soon.

Linda C said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook. I do hope you get the rain you need.

Happy Monday.

Linda C

Auntie Q said...

Prayed for your friend! A good night's sleep is the best! Have a great week!

Bonnie said...

God bless your friend, Naomy! It is hard to be sick~a speedy recovery to her!

Katie said...

I am a bit of a schedule freak too! I need to have, at least, a mental list of all that needs to be accomplished.

Grandmother Wren said...

Thank you for linking your Simple Woman’s Daybook at Grandmother Wren’s last week.
Please stop by this week and add your link again. I’d love to see this continue throughout the summer, allowing us to stay in touch with other Daybookers during Peggy’s vacation.
Please keep coming back –
I look forward to seeing you!