Monday, July 20, 2009

A Saint Speaks

"I know God is speaking when what I hear is consistent with what I know about Him. I remember a time when someone told me something my husband Keith said. It wasn't negative. It just didn't sound like him. I found out later it was a different Keith Moore. I knew deep inside that wasn't my man. Likewise we can know deep inside, 'That just isn't my God.' I've got to know God and His Word well enough to know what 'sounds' like Him and what doesn't. He never speaks contrary to His Word and His character."

- Beth Moore, as quoted in Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer

1 comment:

l said...

that is soo....what's the word? Refreshing!

Re: I'm not sure where the "pitch forks and hammer handles" thing originally came from, my Grandma used to say it all the time when it rained really hard.
Yesterday it was very fitting for the weather we were having!

Have a wonderful day!