Monday, July 13, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, July 13, 2009...

Outside my window...a pretty standard South Florida summer morning: lots of sun, no breeze, intense heat. I'm looking forward to autumn when the humidity goes down some.

I am thinking...about this job interview today. I'm leaving it in God's hands, because He knows what is in my heart but He also knows what's best for me.

I am thankful...for spiritual guidance in all aspects of life. Yesterday's message was about finance. It's great to hear confirmation from God about what we're doing now, and instruction for what we're to do next.

From the learning rooms...we didn't do much last week other than reading because E wasn't feeling well. We'll continue with reading this week.

I am going...to have breakfast, then get some laundry done, dye my hair and go to the interview this afternoon.

I am hoping...the Lord gives me peace today.

From the kitchen...pepper steak in the crockpot. So gooood!!

I am wearing...I haven't changed out of my sleeping attire yet, but I will shortly. Something comfortable as I do household chores.

I am creating...plans for the week.

I am reading...Jeremiah for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions, Passionate Housewives for personal study, Discerning the Voice of God for small groups, and a biography of Jane Austen which I'm almost done with. I have something to post about this reading, later in the week.

I am hearing...morning cartoons.

Around the house...laundry needs to get done, bathrooms need cleaning, floors need sweeping (again!). Standard stuff.

One of my favorite things...is seeing my friends at church. Naomy was there yesterday. It was good to see her, weak but joyful.

A few plans for the rest of the week: I told the kids we'd go to miniature golf this week. There is a special rate at Boomers for Tuesdays and Thursdays, $12 per person unlimited playtime. That's what it costs to see a movie which only lasts 90 minutes (unless you go to the free movie mornings like I do!). Looking forward to seeing Flushed Away tomorrow (that's right, for free).

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...yes, it's about the whole job thing. I just want to follow God's will for my life. I don't care about whether we have lots of extra money or not. I just want to be where God wants me to be.

Wanna join in the fun? Peggy is on vacation, but you can visit Grandmother Wren and leave your link there. God bless and have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Bonita said...

Praying right now for you job interview that God will open the doors He wants to open and shut the doors He wants to close- His perfect will. Also, that you will have peace and no anxiety.

How on earth do you find time to read so much? Evelyn Woods speed reading? I'm majorly impressed!

Kristi said...

Pepper steak? That sound really good!

Katie said...

Praying for your interview!

Linda C said...

I hope your interview went well today! I enjoyed reading your daybook:)

Happy Monday!

Linda C