Friday, July 3, 2009

The Week in Review

It's been a whirlwind of a week, and it doesn't seem to want to end anytime soon.

Monday: This was cleaning and laundry day. I wanted everything to look nice because my daughter was coming home, so I cleaned and tidied up, especially in her bedroom. Such anticipation!

Tuesday: I started the day by putting one of my daughter's favorite meals in the crockpot: easy chicken and stuffing. E and I went to the movies to see Shrek the Third, which was free. It was okay, but the theater was more jam packed than usual thanks to the severe thunderstorms that morning. Summer camps bring the kids to see free movies on days when they can't do anything outdoors, and lately that's been pretty often. It rains daily, and heavy. Once we got home, it was the waiting game. I tried to concentrate on other things, but we kept wondering when A would be coming home. Turns out it took them much longer than expected to get everything packed. E didn't want to go to bed until his sister got home, and I knew how important this was to him, so we waited and waited and waited... She ended up getting home at 11:00 at night. E and I had fallen asleep in the family room watching Horton Hears a Who. We were so thankful that our A was finally home, even if it was a long wait.

Wednesday: The new movie Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs was opening, and E wanted to watch it so badly! He asked Daddy, who said it was okay and gave us the money to go to the theater. We were so excited, because this movie had great reviews. Just as I was getting ready to walk into the theater, I pulled out my cellphone to turn the volume off and found a message from my friend Naomy, telling me she was back in the hospital. As quickly as I could I texted a bunch of friends so we could pray for her. The movie was great, hilarious, but in the back of my mind was my dear friend. After the movie we went to the library in town, the bigger library, and got some reading material. After that I called my friend and let her know we were praying for her.

Thursday: Naomy called me to say she was still in the hospital, but hadn't been admitted yet. Looked like a severe case of sinusitis, but with her medical condition the only thing that could be done was administer medication via IV. I talked with her for almost an hour, trying to get her to laugh and encouraging her. E and I went to the library again, this time the small library close to the house, to get some more books, and E picked something out to surprise me: The Muppets Take Manhattan (DVD). We enjoyed watching it.

Friday: The day started early, grocery shopping for the week. It took much longer than usual on a Friday, and I couldn't understand why the stores (especially Walmart) were so crowded. Then I remembered: tomorrow is July 4th, and lots of people got today off from work. I guess everyone was shopping for the holiday weekend. We rushed to finish and get home, put everything away and have lunch, so we could go visit Naomy at the hospital. A dear friend from the church office joined us. Naomy was just as beautiful as ever, thrilled to have visitors because the hospital can be a boring place. We were able to visit for a couple of hours and pray for her, which was greatly appreciated! If she has to stay longer I'll plan another trip to see her. The hospital isn't far from my house, and I know the visit, short as it may be, lifts her spirits.

Of course, my day isn't over yet. Small groups tonite! We have a meet and greet for our first night, then we'll be reading Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer. I'm looking forward to this time with some lovely ladies from our church, studying God's Word and praying with and for each other.

It's a busy life, to be sure, but I'm so thankful for it.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry to hear that she's having all this trouble. I'm glad you are so faithful to pray for her! I hope this weekend will bring you better things!