Saturday, August 1, 2009

Observing My Senses

For Today, August 1, 2009...

I am seeing...what might be a sunshiny day. The sky is blue, the clouds are white and fluffy, and there seems to be no rain in sight. Of course, many a morning has started that way this week and yet it rained in the afternoon. I'm hoping it won't; my son would be disappointed. He's going with his aunt to her company picnic and is seriously looking forward to it.

I am feeling...tired, even though I got a good night's sleep. My allergies were acting up and I took a Benadryl last night. They knock me out every time.

I am tasting...toothpaste. Haven't had breakfast yet.

I am hearing...Phineas and Ferb. My son's new favorite cartoon. It's about 2 brothers who are daily inventing something new to do over the summer, to the distress of their big sister. Plus, their pet platypus is actually a secret agent. It's funny, in a corny sort of way.

I am smelling...biscuits in the oven. Breakfast is ready!

It takes just a moment to stop and observe what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Phineas and Ferb is a GREAT cartoon! And it's Disney which makes it even better. I've even got E.D. addicted to watching it! Hahaha

Kristi said...

Sounds like you had a great week. We just turned our local channels back on and my kids were glued to the t.v. watching PBS. I guess they missed their television!