Saturday, August 22, 2009

Observing My Senses

For today, August 22, 2009...

I am seeing...hazy sunshine. We got a little rain during the week thanks to some week tropical depression, but it's been nice for the most part. Keeping an eye on Hurricane Bill, though it's doubtful it'll come our way. Still, it's important to be watchful and prayerful that the hurricane won't cause damage elsewhere.

I am feeling...still missing my daughter who left on Thursday for school, glad she was able to go see BarlowGirl perform in Central Florida, excited because my son starts school on Monday, thankful because he passed to fourth grade, sad because my baby is growing up so fast.

I am tasting...Pillsbury biscuits with butter and my morning coffee.

I am hearing...my youngest son just getting up.

I am smelling...Clorox disinfectant spray. I sprayed the kitchen trash can before changing the trash bag, and the whole kitchen smells good.

It takes just a moment to stop and observe what's going on around you. Won't you join me?

1 comment:

l said...

re: Jesse isn't involved in homeschooling as much as I am but he does do alot with her. He's going to school for computer science and 90% of the time she's on his lap right there with him. She is getting pretty good at the computer.
I think since we've decided to homeschool for preschool and not bring her else where, he would be happy to work with her on a more formal level, but I work afternoons which means I don't have to leave for work until 230 pm, so I have the whole afternoon. It actually works out very well!!

Have a great weekend!!