Thursday, August 20, 2009

Off She Goes Again...

I dropped my daughter off at her roommates, and they're driving back to college today. No, I haven't gotten used to it. No, I didn't have a meltdown or anything, but it's still hard. It seems like such a challenge to bring them home when they're newborn, but let me tell ya, it's a whole lot harder to let them go. I know she's where God wants her right now; it's something we prayed about and we trust He knows what's best. I know her education will serve her all her life, and it's a sacrifice worth making. I'm not sorry she chose this school; it's an excellent school, and it's only 4 hours away. And I'm fully aware that she won't stay home forever anymore than I did. But no matter how you slice it, it's still tough to say goodbye, especially after having her home for the past 2 months. So I'll be a bit sad today, I guess. Thankfully, I have my Father to comfort me in times like this.

*sigh* If they could just stay little till their Carter's wear out.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I'm dreading the day that my children have to leave home. I just pray that the Lord would allow them to stay close. Having some grandchildren wouldn't hurt either!

I pray you will find comfort and grace as you get back into your routine without her there.