Monday, August 3, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 3, 2009...

Outside my window...it's a scorcher. Not a good thing today.

I am thinking...the air conditioning repairman is putting in a new unit, because ours is shot. Praise God we're getting a good price on it, thanks to the recommendation of our neighbor.

I am thankful for...the fact that we have a home to live in, which usually has a/c. I think of the families who suffer this weather without relief all summer, and I shudder.

From the learning rooms...school starts in 3 weeks. E and I have been slacking a bit, so we need to get back to reading. We're reading Owen Foote, Super Spy by Stephanie Greene. Funny book.

From the kitchen...kielbasa sausage, sauteed with onions, and yellow rice with veggies.

I am wearing...a light pink tank top, beige capris, brown sandals, my hair up because it's too hot to let it down.

I am creating...nothing. It's too hot to think of creating anything.

I am reading...Daniel for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions (I'm on chapter 13), Discerning the Voice of God for growth groups (2 weeks to go) and Great Expectations by Charles Dickens.

I am hearing...water from my neighbor's pool, and the a/c repairman as he works on cleanup.

Around the house...some laundry to be put away, more laundry to be washed, but for the most part the house is clean.

One of my favorite things...is air conditioning. I live in South Florida, it's been in the 90's everyday, believe me, I've come to appreciate it now more than ever.

A few plans for the rest of the week: don't really have anything concrete planned, other than the library and growth groups. I teach in children's ministry this Sunday so I have to prepare for that. Let's see what the Lord has in store.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...pray for the smaller parts of the body of Christ, those that do the little things that don't seem to mean much but are just as important as the bigger parts. The guys that set up and tear down each week so the service runs smooth. The ladies taking care of the babies so mommy and daddy can hear God's message. The little old lady who doesn't have a big name ministry, but prays faithfully each day. Everyone is important, everyone is loved by Jesus.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

I'm so thankful for air conditioning as well. I love that my husband is in that field now. Our house is like an icebox ever since he installed that new unit. I have to keep turning up the thermostat! I hope yours will work just as well!

l said...

oh I wish for a scorcher. I'm sitting on my couch with a blanket on and slippers - wanting to turn the heat on...I miss summer!
I'm jealous!!!!!

LISA said...

Hi Arlene,
I am glad you A/C repair man is there.
We usually eat kielbasa with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.
Thanks for the prayer reminder for the unseen "workers" at church...treasure stored in heaven.
Have a great week, enjoy that new A/C...

Jerralea said...

Great post! I know how you feel, last summer our a/c was down two different times - the hottest part of the summer!

I truly love a/c and am so thankful to have it.

I also loved that you reminded us to pray for people in the church who do not have visible ministries, yet they are so important! We need every part of the body!

Consider the human body: if you get a splinter in a toe, your whole body knows it. If an unnoticed part of the church body is in pain, we all should know it!

I'm kinda passionate about this subject ...