Monday, August 10, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 10, 2009...

Outside my window...looks like summer isn't leaving us any time soon. It's been really, really hot, with hazy sunshine and few showers. I'm actually looking forward to autumn for cooler air and less humidity.

I am thinking...about yesterday's lesson in children's ministry. We studied 1 Samuel 24, when King Saul goes into the cave to "relieve himself" and David cuts a piece of his robe, allowing his enemy to live when he could have easily killed him. Nothing like a bathroom scene to get children's attention. You couldn't have dragged them out of that church.

I am thankful...for God using me to teach these beautiful children. I love watching their faces as they hear the story and understand it's meaning.

From the learning rooms...I was able to purchase most of the school supplies needed, and spent less than $12 at Walmart. Not bad. We're doing review work in a couple of workbooks: vocabulary, multiplication tables, and science.

From the kitchen...easy chicken and stuffing in the crock pot. Soooo simple, and one of my family's favorites. I'll have to post the recipe.

I am wearing...sleeping attire, only because I haven't decided what I'm doing today.

I am hoping...we can enjoy this week. It's the last complete week before my daughter leaves for college again.

I am going...to the beach. Maybe. Not sure yet.

I am creating...nothing. I'm in a rut right now. Need some inspiration.

I am reading...Amos for morning devotions, Luke chapter 15 for SOAP devotions, Discerning the Voice of God for growth groups, finished Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I was disappointed with the book; it's too dark for my tastes. I thought it would be more like Jane Eyre, which Charlotte Bronte (sister to Emily) wrote, but it was totally different. I need to get back to the library and find something more lighthearted. I also finished reading A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. That was much more my style.

I am hearing...morning cartoons. E is up and awaiting breakfast.

Around the house...laundry mostly. It's a neverending chore.

One of my favorite things...is Krispy Kreme donuts. Need I explain?

A few plans for the rest of the week: I'm hoping my friend gets back from Pennsylvania and we can go to her community pool. My daughter wants to go clothes shopping before going back to school; have to plan that too. Last week of growth group study this Friday.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...pray for home groups. These I believe are more essential to our spiritual growth than any other church activity. We fellowship more closely, pray more specifically, anticipate needs more quickly, and in doing so experience the Holy Spirit and His fruits more completely.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

2 comments:

The Man Crew said...

Ooo, would LOVE that recipe if you have the time to share it...we actually had chops and stuffing for dinner tonight, but not from the crock pot, sounds GREAT! Last week before college...oh my, what's a mom to do? It's only 6 weeks until our oldest gets married and leaves the nest and I find myself feeling anxious some days. He is mature for his age and ready to be a great husband to our almost daughter in love, but a Mama finds herself having a hard time letting go of the mother role and becoming more of equals. *sigh* Motherhood is an interesting and wonderful job that the Lord trusts us with, isn't it? Anywho, thanks for sharing a look into your life with us through the daybook, really enjoyed reading yours!! Have a graet week!
Blessings,
~K~

Anonymous said...

Krispy Kremes are one of my favorites too! I learned recently that if you get one that isn't totally fresh, if you pop it in the microwave for about 10 seconds, it tastes almost like a fresh hot one from the Krispy Kreme store! mmmmm!