Monday, August 24, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 24, 2009...

Outside my window...it's bright and cheery, a bit hazy, which means we may get some rain later today.

I am thinking...summer vacation ended too soon.

I am thankful...that Hurricane Bill is far from us and hasn't touched land, though curious onlookers have suffered because they didn't respect the storm.

From the learning rooms...it's the first day of school. E is nervous, as he always is, but I'm sure he'll have a pleasant day.

From the kitchen
...chicken pot pie.

I am wearing...a teal top, blue jeans and sandals.

I am hoping...my son makes friends quickly in his new class.

I am going...to walk my son to school, because he asked me to.

I am creating...plans to do an intense cleaning in the house.

I am reading...Matthew for morning devotions, and Luke for SOAP devotions. I finished Little Women this weekend, so I need to get to the library for new books.

I am hearing...the Today show. I turned the TV on for the news (weather and such). I rarely watch TV anymore.

Around the house...I'll be focused on the master bedroom today. Oh yeah, and laundry.

One of my favorite things...is decorating for autumn. They're my favorite colors.

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...pray for the children going back to school within the next few weeks.

Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

I love decorating for fall too. I'm going to do it as soon as we get back. I hope E had a good first day at school. I was only nervous when going to a new school. The move to middle school, and then Jr. High, and then Highschool was pretty nerve racking for me. Plus, I went to school in Kansas for a year, in middle school, then returned to Colorado for Jr High. Then went back to Kansas my sophmore year. It's a good thing I really liked school!

We decided to have a friend take our dog while we are gone, so that will make it easier. I'm kinda sad about not taking her, but there was a dog in the area where we are going that recently had parvo, and our little dog won't be fully vaccinated against it until she gets her last booster in three weeks, so I talked with my vet and decided it jsut wansn't worth the risk. She's in good hands, so hopefully the excited of going will erase the sadness I feel at the thought of not having her with us. Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. I really love reading them.!