Monday, August 31, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today, August 31, 2009...

Outside my window...the sun is still blazing. It's supposed to cool down sometime this week but then the temps should hit the 90's again. So far today, not a breeze in sight.

I am thinking...about the backache I woke up with. Why is it we get a good night's sleep and still wake up with aches and pains? Is this what old age is all about? Ugh! I wanna be a teenager again! (Not really).

I am thankful...for the team I serve with in children's ministry. We had a great time yesterday, and we're getting to know each other really well.

From the learning rooms...I'll be returning books tomorrow to the library, then we'll be tackling some books we already have at home. E enjoyed his first week of school and likes his teacher. I'm hopeful this will be a more productive year.

From the kitchen...tilapia. I didn't get to make it last week.

I am wearing...an olive green v-neck t-shirt, khaki capris and flip-flops.

I am hoping...my son gets financial aid for a technical school he wants to enroll in. University classes are expensive, and technical school is done faster. At 22 years old, he wants to move forward.

I am going...to do what I can to help my son finish his education.

I am creating...a nicer looking dining room today. That's the plan, anyway.

I am reading...Matthew for morning devotions, Luke for SOAP devotions (starting chapter 20), and The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Found it in my daughter's room. Decided there was no reason to let it go to waste.

I am hearing...the whir of the ceiling fan. It's a pretty quiet morning now that the youngest is at school, hubby is at work, and my oldest in working on another computer.

Around the house...it's the dining room's turn today. Plus more laundry. That seems never ending.

One of my favorite things...is the holiday season, and it's coming up fast!

Here's a prayer request I'm sharing...pray that our government officials will listen to the people and think twice, three times, twenty times about this health care reform issue. Reform should be better for the nation; so far everything they've discussed is worse. Why would we want to adopt the health care other countries have, when they wish they had what we have?

Here's a picture thought I'm sharing...Daddy and E washing the car.



Wanna join in the fun? Visit Peggy at the Simple Woman's Daybook. God bless and have a great week!

2 comments:

Mrs. O said...

Yes, there are some not-so-good things with this whole Health Care Reform. However, I do believe that other countries have something figured out; for one, they offer health care to all their constituents at low or no cost. Second, they don't spend billions of dollars and wait 10 or 20 years before approving much needed medications.

I think we need to do away with frivolous lawsuits, which cause the increase in malpractice insurance and cause doctors to run several unnecessary tests in order to avoid a lawsuit. I see it all the time: someone has an ear ache; a year later they find out they have lung cancer that wasn't caught earlier and feel the ENT should have caught it.

It's all become about money: from the top of the government all the way down to you and me.

Kristi said...

You know, I really think most of the people in Washinton have forgotten who they really work for (the people) and what their jobs really entail. It's so sad and agrivating and frustrating to watch them do what they are doing, and not doing.

Laundry is truly never ending. I'm so glad I don't have to look at my giant pile of laundry this week. We only took a few outfits for each person, so all I have to do is wash those a couple times, and that's it! YAY!

I hope you have a wonderful day!